First Feed in 18months

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a little jungle that is a fussy eater and had lost condition. Took ages to get him feeding when he first came home from the breeder...and I sort of started him again. So I started with pinkie rats that take no effort to eat (I got the smallest ones I could) and have gradually built him up slowly size by size.

I know pinkies are like feeding jelly beans but if a snake is weak they are easy to get down and are certainly better than nothing.

You must be beside yourself. Alvin only missed a few feeds and with him having no weight on and being small for his age I was so worried about him...I cannot imagine how stressed you must be.

So i guess I just mention what i did with my little boy to get him going again as something you might find helpful.

Keep updating us with how you get on.

Good luck

Elizabeth

Thank you Elizabeth. That is great news about your little jungle. It is always a great feeling when you watch them improve. You know you're doing something right when they are eating and growing. My hopes rose when she ate and kept down, her first feed bit over a week ago but she refused her last feed again, couple nights ago.

Unfortunately Bindy is losing her battle. Just in the last week she has rapidly gone downhill. She is very weak. I am having her put down this week. She is a rare case of DPS in an intergrade python. Diamonds are reknown for going downhill from 6-8yrs old, Bindy is 7 now and showing the typical diamond trait. Poor girl, its really sad seeing her like this. I'd take her to the vet in town to have her put down but they won't do it there and then on the spot and I don't want to leave her there.

Unfortunately Bindy is losing her battle. Just in the last week she has rapidly gone downhill. She is very weak. I am having her put down this week.

:( That makes me sad, for her, and for you.

Oh no... I just read through this thread. I'm so sorry to hear that... have you put her down yet?

Goodbye bindy

007-3.jpg

DSCF3533.jpg

P1080568.jpg

013-2.jpg

She's gone :cry: Had her put down today. She was a 7 year old diamond/coastal intergrade now in a happier place.

Sorry for your loss Kathy..she was a favourite of mine..With all the love you give your animals she had the best chance that ANYONE couldve given her..

I am dreading when my Diamond gets older, dont know what I would do if she died. I am so sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace xx

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear your news......so very very sad.
You have done the right thing

Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back