First timer,gecko advise

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

69blottfilms69

Reaction score
Hay guys i really love geckos and have wanted one for a while.
I was looking at the marble gecko do they bite?
Does anyone know if they are hard to keep and how much would a license be for one and how much are they
in Perth.
thanks

Yes they bite, but mainly food items, Geckos are a look only animal.

Not hard to keep,

Not sure how much a licence is in your state contact your licensing office in W.A.

Keeping Australian Geckos By Rob Porter, around $20 online and will give you all the basics for most of the popular species sold int he hobby. Great book. Lots of pic and advice on all facets of husbandry

Good luck ;)

Don't think you should keep a marble as your first gecko I reckon maybe a thick tail gecko (barking gecko) or maybe a tree dtella a good thing is James thick tailed geckos don't need any type of heating really a heat chord which you bury under the sand would be fine and they cost about 30 $ enclosure get a cheap fish tank maybe a exo terra some hides logs and that's about it a barkin gecko setup would cost around 280 for a awesome setup with the license

Ok then yeah me and him^^^^lizman
found 2 barking gecko and i like them
can you hold them will they bite?
If i got one as a baby and handled it woud it be ok or would it still hiss and run?

If i got one as a baby and handled it woud it be ok or would it still hiss and run?[/QUOTE]

Re Read my post about handling geckos.... :/

If you want to handle your rep get another type like a bearded dragon,blue tongue etc

Have to agree with Smithers. Geckos should not be handled often. They will also drop their tails if you stress them out.

If i got one as a baby and handled it woud it be ok or would it still hiss and run?

Re Read my post about handling geckos.... :/

If you want to handle your rep get another type like a bearded dragon,blue tongue etc[/QUOTE] <<<<<

im sure this wont be the last time ive said it an sure as hell wont be the first if you want to play with your rep get yourself a beardie as geckos do not like an should not be handled ,

Yeah i wont touch them i was wondering thanks for the help everyone GREAT FORUM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back