:(FISHING:(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats appalling ...

i signed the petition ...

although you wonder how much help those orginisations can do if the whole communities thewmselves are allowing this to happen ...

we're only outsides ...

its frustrating but i guess we do what we can ...

-Katy

farmdog said:

This is tragic, but how can you say the same farmdog? your out there shooting ducks and whatever else you can find, yet you think this is tragic? where is the line drawn?

You justify what you do as a sport, in some strange way the people with the dog and cats probably do the same, maybe now you will clean up your act, and become a 'normal' member of society, not someone who lays claim to liking animals and then is out there shooting at them.

i think is tragic that you had to resort to that.

soulweaver said:
farmdog said:

This is tragic, but how can you say the same farmdog? your out there shooting ducks and whatever else you can find, yet you think this is tragic? where is the line drawn?

You justify what you do as a sport, in some strange way the people with the dog and cats probably do the same, maybe now you will clean up your act, and become a 'normal' member of society, not someone who lays claim to liking animals and then is out there shooting at them.

Out comes the moral police again.

What a crock of ****e SW, there is a big/huge difference to humanely hunting as a sport than to what these people are doing with live animals us in the western world consider pets. In no way at all am i condoning what they are doing with live animals. I dont even use live bait when fishing with normal size hooks. But to have a go at Farmdog and his sport of choice in comparison to this henious activity taking place in India is just plain crap and immature.

I hunt too, and i vote, and i have signed a dotted line to protect this country if the need ever arise.

If you dont like hunting, thats your choice, but in no way should you put down someone that does.

i have to agree with souly on this one, however if your out there shooting feral cats/pigs/toads etc go for it.

at least they get killed quickly unlike the live bait...

andrew

Most things shot while hunting are all feral species eg Rabbits, Pigs, Foxes. There isnt much else to shoot that is actually native to Australia, other than roos which there are plently of already.

You cant really make any real connections between hunting and using live dogs as bait.

Cheers Alex

Teamsherman said:
soulweaver said:
farmdog said:

There is a big/huge difference to humanely hunting as a sport than to what these people are doing with live animals us in the western world consider pets. In no way at all am i condoning what they are doing with live animals. I dont even use live bait when fishing with normal size hooks. But to have a go at Farmdog and his sport of choice in comparison to this henious activity taking place in India is just plain crap and immature.

I hunt too, and i vote, and i have signed a dotted line to protect this country if the need ever arise.

If you dont like hunting, thats your choice, but in no way should you put down someone that does.

Shooting at ducks and other birds is not a sport until the ducks have guns too and are shooting back at you, but if it makes you feel big that you can shoot harmless defenceless animals in the name of 'sport' then go for it, at the end of the day the ducks maybe dead and considered a sport to many world wide, but you'll still be a **** who has to post pictures of you driving a porsche just to make yourself feel good.

I think there is a big difference from.. bang.. you're dead.. to impalling dogs on fish hooks and allowing them to be ripped apart by sharks.

Don't get me wrong.. I think people (read men) that hunt... just do it to feel tough n stuff..it's wrong.

But come on .. fido on a fish hook????

for some reason they believe live bait is better for shark fishin. i think thats BS as the majority of sharks will happily scavenge.

andrew

SW there's responsible hunters and there's armed idiots - they're two different things mate. Responsible hunters shoot for food, trophy or pest eradication not just for the sake of killing.
It's like the knob that Bek had her beardy debarkle with - would you call that person a herper because he owned those beardies? Probably not very well put but you know what I mean. There's tossers in all fields, you just got to dodge them :wink: (or cull them he he )

WTF..what the flipping. holding back what I really want to say...

Teamsherman wrote: ?
soulweaver wrote: ?
farmdog wrote: ?how tragic and how sad some resort to catch some fishies

http://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/Satelli ... =sharkbait

There is a big/huge difference to humanely hunting as a sport than to what these people are doing with live animals us in the western world consider pets. In no way at all am i condoning what they are doing with live animals. I dont even use live bait when fishing with normal size hooks. But to have a go at Farmdog and his sport of choice in comparison to this henious activity taking place in India is just plain crap and immature.

this statement just proves how much a knob you really are, shooting at ducks and other birds is not a sport until the ducks have guns too and are shooting back at you, but if it makes you feel big that you can shoot harmless defenceless animals in the name of 'sport' then go for it, at the end of the day the ducks maybe dead and considered a sport to many world wide, but you'll still be a knob who has to post pictures of you driving a porsche just to make yourself feel good.
well sherm how can you say it's different when farmy has been drinking and shooting a gun (which mind you under victorian law is not aloud must be zero blood alcohol level) at ducks which he may not kill first shot seeming he can't see 10ft infront of himself and your saying this isn't the same now i seem to recall RSPCA regulations saying and animal must be humainly killed while hunting I.E one shot kill now i don't care who you are but no one can kill every single duck with one shot

oh and by the way it's a sad thing

Lol, this got off topic pretty quick. You guys are right, those farmers that shoot vermin that eat their livestock or damage their crops are macho poser knobs. We should abolish all farming of livestock for meat too, cause really what is the difference between killing a cow thats lived its life in a paddock and a duck that lived it in the wild? In fact, we should all stop killing rodents for our snakes because no-one can guarantee a instant kill, so looks like its tofu burgers for the pythons from now on. I'm off to pay my membership to PETA now and get my meat pie out of the microwave. :roll:

P.S. Theres a difference between CRUELTY to animals and KILLING animals. If you don't get it, instead of attacking people, try having a long think about it with yourself. Especially when you own carnivous pets that YOU feed.

Skorpious said:
Lol, this got off topic pretty quick. You guys are right, those farmers that shoot vermin that eat their livestock or damage their crops are macho poser knobs. We should abolish all farming of livestock for meat too, cause really what is the difference between killing a cow thats lived its life in a paddock and a duck that lived it in the wild? In fact, we should all stop killing rodents for our snakes because no-one can guarantee a instant kill, so looks like its tofu burgers for the pythons from now on. I'm off to pay my membership to PETA now and get my meat pie out of the microwave. :roll:

P.S. Theres a difference between CRUELTY to animals and KILLING animals. If you don't get it, instead of attacking people, try having a long think about it with yourself. Especially when you own carnivous pets that YOU feed.

Dude!!! In this discussion, i love you!!! what you have just written is the hard "no crap, no lies" truth and i am 100% in agreeance with the whole lot of it.

Soulweaver, are you a vegetarian?

I have to remind you guys that personal attacks are not permitted on this site. Calling people names is not an argument. It's just as easy to argue your point without resorting to name-calling. Use logic as your primary weapon - not name-calling.

lutzd said:
I have to remind you guys that personal attacks are not permitted on this site. Calling people names is not an argument. It's just as easy to argue your point without resorting to name-calling. Use logic as your primary weapon - not name-calling.

All good here Mr Dave!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back