:(FISHING:(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skorpious said:
Lol, this got off topic pretty quick. You guys are right, those farmers that shoot vermin that eat their livestock or damage their crops are macho poser knobs. We should abolish all farming of livestock for meat too, cause really what is the difference between killing a cow thats lived its life in a paddock and a duck that lived it in the wild? In fact, we should all stop killing rodents for our snakes because no-one can guarantee a instant kill, so looks like its tofu burgers for the pythons from now on. I'm off to pay my membership to PETA now and get my meat pie out of the microwave. :roll:

P.S. Theres a difference between CRUELTY to animals and KILLING animals. If you don't get it, instead of attacking people, try having a long think about it with yourself. Especially when you own carnivous pets that YOU feed.

Difference is most ppl out there shooting at ducks and whatever are weekend shooters, not trained to bring down a animal with one shot.
Hense why the kangaroo culling is done by professional shooters and not weekend cowboys who think they can shoot a gun.

The kanagroo culling is also done in a controled enviroment, and not like members who are apart of this site who claim to be drinking and shooting, a biggest part of the whole problem is most of the shooters in duck season are Irresponsible and not following the law which westy stated above.

You can't compare shooting of wild animals to that of the meat supplied to the meat market, I.e supemarkets etc. This type of culling is also done by professionals, although they would never claim to be correct 100% of the time, but they no enough on how to stop the animal from suffering as quick as possible, hense why RSPCA visits these places making sure all guidelines are followed to prevent the animal cruelty.

In regards to rodents killed for snakes that we own and keep, have you ever seen this done by someone experienced? maybe 1 in 1000 may go wrong, but in those cases the animal is already unconscious and not made to suffer. All reptile keepers try their best to mimic the life that their animal would have in the wild, although this can not be done 100% we try our best to supply them with the life that they would be accustomed too in the wild, rodents are apart of thier food chain, just like cattle is apart of ours.

People have no problem with getting rid of problem animals, the cane toad is a prime example, the problem is the red neck ppl that do it cruely and irresponsibly.

I stop typing now, but all i wonder is why is there a need to shoot wild animals like ducks? i'd put money on it that most of those ducks just rot away and are never eaten, go shoot clays if you want to shoot something, this is plenty of meat at the butcher, no need to go kill more, lets leave it for the professionals to fix the feral population that causes problems for our eco-system, not the cowboys who boast about shooting whilst under the influence.

Any way, since this threads title is fishing, scored a few 15-20 pound large mouths and red emperor 3 weeks back and went out yesterday mornin at 4am-11am and came back with 29 coral trout all 48-80cm fish, cobia, big stripies,and a couple of decent moses perch. Not bad for a mornings work. No live bait was used.

Yes that has got to be one of the sickest things I've seen in a long time! Grrrrrr

I signed the petition (whatever that will do :?). I'm almost hoping it's some sort of sick joke, but sadly it doesn't look like I've fallen for another "bonsai cat" hoax :(

PS: Shooting ducks and using live dogs as bait are two completely different issues SW. I have no problems shooting game for food (haven't we been here before??)

So Soulweaver you can make board statements like everyone involved in producing meat for human consumption are well-meaning professionals with lots of training and skill at their job, but every duck hunter is a cruel red-neck who wants to act tough by shooting as many ducks as they can? What if by chance, one of those people who worked at an abatoir was a duck hunter? Would he be allowed to go duck shooting or would he still be a "redneck that (would) do it cruely and irresponsibly"?
I went back and had a look at the orginal topic you and Westy have taken offence to, I haven't actually found anywhere Farmdog said they were drinking before or while they were shooting. In fact here's a direct quote, Farmdog - "alcohol and pyrotechnic(s) not the best combination that I know off". He actually said numerous times they weren't drinking while their were shooting. And Farmdog shot a total of 6 ducks for a how long trip? He said a huge one so i am thinking at least 3-4 days. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to eat those 6 ducks (with any hunting dogs getting some) and take 1 or 2 home so that there wouldn't be ducks left to rot as you state.
If you guys have a problem with hunting, fine thats your opinion but to personally attack someone because of it? Thought you would be more reasonable people. And yes personally attack, Westy - "seeming he can't see 10ft infront of himself" and Soulweaver - "but you'll still be a ****".

On a sidenote, obviously you have a problem with Farmdog, Westy, your little snide comments crop up frequently. Why not be a man and settle it with him away from here or else at least be big enough to not bring it up here. I could be wrong but I haven't seen Farmdog start anything with you yet that was not provoked. And as far as bringing up the letter of the law in correspondance to alcohol limit and shooting, I don't think your such a saint Westy, I remember something about you trying to catch a susposed venomous snake despite not being a licensed catcher? Yeah it was an echidna but the intent was there, and it could have turned out just as dangerous if you had been bitten.

You can't compare shooting of wild animals to that of the meat supplied to the meat market, I.e supemarkets etc. This type of culling is also done by professionals, although they would never claim to be correct 100% of the time, but they no enough on how to stop the animal from suffering as quick as possible, hense why RSPCA visits these places making sure all guidelines are followed to prevent the animal cruelty.

You need to visit an abbatoir one day. They are not killed humanely at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back