fluid build up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamonds

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So i was just wondering ,you how sometimes when a snake is coming up for shed it gets little fluid bubbles under the skin, just wondering what causes it and is it better to pop them or just leave it alone.

Maybe I'm just overly suspicious given some of the recent happenings on the site but I have to wonder how someone who has been a member of the forum, (and therefor I figure has an interest in reptiles), since 2008 and yet asks a question like this.
Are you serious or just bored???

It was a serious question, I don't see whats suss about it, also i've owned no reptiles for the last 5 years, up until this year

Leave it be.
The fluid separates the dermis from the epidermis during the process of sloughing.
This is what allows the animal to remove its old skin.

ok thanks, yeah i was just curious as to why it bubbles , like a lack of something or maybe to much humidity

pauls-pythons
i didn't know that you can leave them i thought its not healthy to pop them very good explanation
not being smart im sorry if you took me my comments smart i was having a rough week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back