foam

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expanda Foam / Space Invada? Any good hardware store.

Yeah. You can make it out of the foam balls you pick up in cheap stores.

I cruise around the back of retailers like Harvey Norman and the Good Guys for bigger pieces.

Clark Rubber keep all sorts. Polystyrene is the white stuff that appears to be made of beads, and Polyurethane is the yellow stuff that can be soft for cushions or hard and makes a dust when cut, rather than beads like polystyrene.

A couple of places I found when searching for the stuff. Clark Rubber is expensive, and probably buys from these suppliers anyway.

foamular
ausurethane

Try to get it free, it's not worth what they charge and there's always someone, somewhere throwing it out.

Good place for free foam is to track down a place that makes cool rooms, there always got offcuts.
Then all ya do is rip the metal off the foam and shape the foam how you please is what i did and foam was good 6 inches thick so great for carving.

aquarium shops, fruit and veg shop, electrical outlets, $2 discount shops (ask someone inside, they are normally happy to help) the list is endless. I've never paid for polystyrene.

i get mine from pet shops some charge 2-3$ for it now but thats what they get their fish in..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back