[Enclosure Help] Are Madee's Pet Supplies enclosures good?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeasKnees

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm having trouble finding any information on this company.
Apparently they're a canberra pet supplies store who make custom pvc enclosures?

If I'm being honest they seem too good to be true. A pvc enclosure with built in electronics for $300? I don't know.

https://www.madees.com.au/product/100cm-x-40-cm-x-40-cm-pvc-foam-boad/
Here's a link to one of the enclosures ^
(I've also attached a screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240310-181512.png
    Screenshot_20240310-181512.png
    644 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi!

I'm having trouble finding any information on this company.
Apparently they're a canberra pet supplies store who make custom pvc enclosures?

If I'm being honest they seem too good to be true. A pvc enclosure with built in electronics for $300? I don't know.

https://www.madees.com.au/product/100cm-x-40-cm-x-40-cm-pvc-foam-boad/
Here's a link to one of the enclosures ^
(I've also attached a screenshot)

If this brand isn't good, could anyone suggest any trustworthy manufacturers of pvc enclosures in Australia? Thankyou! :)
In my experience, with most things, you get what you pay for.

just to express how bad it is... They buy these enclosures in bulk to save thousands on shipping... buy 100 for $5,000 + $1000 shipping... store them in a warehouse and sell them for $30,000.

That's how businesses work but you can get better for $300...

Wouldn't trust PVC either, it's known to warp and bend over time. Go to a kitchen Cabinet maker, show them the pictures of the PVC enclosures.
IOc35Vz.png

U00QUYk.png

Herpetology is correct, buy or build your own out of some sort of timber product , it will last way longer than some plastic kr4p. Yes I have seen 1 in real life,it sagged in the middle and couldn't open the doors. I have a couple of 120x60x60 pine enclosures that are 20+ years old and heaps of others ( pine and also melamine)that are over 10YO. No problems whatsoever.
1 advantage of building your own is you end up with something nobody else has and you get the satisfaction of making your own. You don't need to be a great carpenter to build your own, lots of people convert old furniture or TV cabinets into great enclosures

Thankyou everyone for the amazing responses!

I expected this kind of response, I really appreciate everyone taking the time to respond though and recommend me a better plan! šŸ’š

Back