foor warming

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Floor Heating

yes artie,
but after 5 years over here i am getting used to it! temps. down to 28 degrees this week and i am starting to feel a bit cold now!!!!!!!!!!
not really looking forward to my next trip back to the homeland, i keep trying to put it off as long as i possibly can.
i miss the snow, but it is worth it to be in the middle of all the herps over here!

Re: Floor Heating

Paddy said:
i am getting used to it! temps. down to 28 degrees this week and i am starting to feel a bit cold now!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like you sure are a Queenslander now. :wink: :lol:

paddy i find the imits pretty unreliable too. in one cage it is set on about 24 degrees and it gets to 30. :?

I have the 15 watt heat cord sit in a groove at the back of a shelf and the three 600x300x300 cages sits on top of that. The bottom of the cage is thin masonite. I can maintain a air temp of 28 with the back floor reaching a temp of 35 plus. The cord is controlled by a thermostat with a probe in the centre cage.

if you are paying 100 for your thermos artie you are paying too much

paddy i find the imits pretty unreliable too. in one cage it is set on about 24 degrees and it gets to 30.

Just so happens if you know a sparkie or tech ask them about fitting a capacitor into the thermostat to prevent contact arcing / bounce. Costs about $1 and prevents temp over/undershoot, electrical noise on switching (buggers other appliances on the same circuit) and contact burn out.
I'm told this is because wall mounted thermostats like the imit are not designed to switch small loads (below 150w) or incandescent lighting.
Craig

Hi, stockeh
Don?t actually remember the exact amount, as I bought mine about two years ago.
I might have paid somewhere between $80 and $100, that?s why I said from just under the $100 mark,
Having said that though, you must know that some are actually a fair bit more as well, when you get into the dimming thermostats, day night range, or twin channel, as they go well over the $200 mark.

Cheers Artie

Stockeh,
Are you planning on stocking Habistats then?

I have used them for years and also find them the best, there expensive because of the Import costs etc..
They also come with a 5yr warranty, so they are confident of the quality they provide.
I would only consider two other makes, but again they are expensive to buy intially, the are Microclimate and Helix, from the UK and USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back