...for JasonL

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
aww, theyre soo cute!

more pics would be awesome!! :p

you can keep them in darwin but its pretty silly seeing they hate the heat.
They don't hate the heat, they are quite well evolved to deal with it. There is a northern subspecies, Petaurus Breviceps Ariel, which is found all along the coastal parts of NT and into WA.
whats the story with keeping them? only one male per enclosure? will he do multiple girls (can they be kept in groups?)?
Yes, they are colony animals, Marz on here has a big colony of 15+ gliders, both exes I would assume.

re for

hahhaha, cool.... yes, I would love to keep a few of the fury critters.... but even if I could I would still dislike you SAers :lol:

If you want a furry critter to play with why not a plains rat or hopping mouse,be happy with the selection that has been provided for you by DECC,buy a big furry Humphey B Bear for Xmas.
The reason you cant keep possums and wallabys in NSW is you would not know how to look after them,you would feed them VB and polish salami,DeCCs know better. :)

If you want a furry critter to play with why not a plains rat or hopping mouse,be happy with the selection that has been provided for you by DECC,buy a big furry Humphey B Bear for Xmas.
The reason you cant keep possums and wallabys in NSW is you would not know how to look after them,you would feed them VB and polish salami,DeCCs know better. :)

Oh yes, thats it... I was looking through the the whole list of mammals available the other day, just couldn't make up my mind which one to pick...... I would buy a Humphry B Bear, but he doesn't have any pants and I don't want my kids to be freaked out....

re For

Nothing wron with the DECC list jason,a plains rat means it lives on the plains like Clint Eastwood, doesnt mean it looks rather plain like a bushpig,you will find them very engageing,DECC does understand your concerns and are working feverishly on a third native mammal to be added to the list for your keeping pleasure,which rodent it will be is anyones guess.

Here's one of mine. i tried to sell my pair a month or two ago but didn't have any takers so I'm gonna try again soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 35
Got some pics of mine earlier tonight, not great shots, but it's hard to point and shoot in the dark. lol!

Attachments

• Glidies 002.jpg
    Glidies 002.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Glidies 003.jpg
    Glidies 003.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Glidies 004.jpg
    Glidies 004.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Glidies 006.jpg
    Glidies 006.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Glidies 008.jpg
    Glidies 008.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 39
those little guys are so cute!

i wish i could own one. i want a zoo of awesome reptiles and cute lil mammals :lol:

Greg, great looking gliders! I wish I were able to hold mine like that. If I were to handle them like you are in the photos, i'd soon be missing fleshy chunks from my hands and alot of blood.

Gobo, excellent face photo. I can never get that close to mine, unless they're feeding. When you readvertise, I'm sure you'll find someone to buy them, have you bred them?

Squirrel Glider photos would be nice, I'd also love to see, if any chance, some photos of other gliders including Feather-taileds, Greater Gliders etc....

Greg, great looking gliders! I wish I were able to hold mine like that. If I were to handle them like you are in the photos, i'd soon be missing fleshy chunks from my hands and alot of blood.
If yours do get their act together and breed try handling the babies from a very young age (3 weeks out of pouch (oop)) and you'll hopefully then have at least 1-2 tame ones. My old female was like yours, and it wasn't fun trying to get her 2 male joeys off her for a hold, those bites even stung through gardening gloves! He he, but the perisitance payed off, cause now my males are awesome, females are ok too, but not quite as tame as I only got them at around 9 weeks oop, whereas the boys I was holding from 3-4 weeks, and then took them away from the psycho mother at 9 weeks oop.

Oh yes, thats it... I was looking through the the whole list of mammals available the other day, just couldn't make up my mind which one to pick...... I would buy a Humphry B Bear, but he doesn't have any pants and I don't want my kids to be freaked out....

It's also interesting to note that the only species allowed in NSW don't really occur there. Plains Rats Pseudomys australis no longer occur in NSW and Hopping mice Notomys alexis never did.
-H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back