Found my missing Murray Darling! Finally in his new (and secure!) tank [pics]

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson.Massacre

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
My Inland Carpet Python Churchill, whom I lost on Sunday the 21st has finally popped up out of nowhere after a terrible 10 days. Very glad to get him back, and he is now happily in his 3rd (and now secure) 3ft tank. This little guy has escaped twice now with no clue as to how. Perhaps Houdini would have been a better name.
Sorry for the dark pics, I was just too excited to see him again and show everyone here the new setup :) .He looks big for his tank already, looks like I'm going to have to splash out on a giant vertical one sooner than I thought :c

IMG_8620.jpgIMG_8535.jpg20121101_165519.jpgIMG_8567.jpg

Awwh he's so amazingly beautiful, I can't imagine your relief when he decided to reappear again. Love his name by the way

He is so pretty! What lovely markings he has! Where did you finally find him? Bet he had a great time exploring lol.

I was doing arty stuff and opened my supplies drawer for about the 20th time that evening and he must have been far enough in the runners to be pulled out. Suddenly this shocked python popped out and landed on top of my paints! I'm not gonna lie, I did shriek a little. I had been checking all of my drawers twice a day since he disappeared because I found him in some runners last time. It was just pure chance, I guess. It looks like the only damage he did was two scales turning red with some kind of scratch I presume.

Yeah Sezzzzz, he is in a 3x1x1ft fish tank, and the lid is a 2cm thick MDF board with metal chicken wire and two layers of fly screen in the middle. No way is he going to be able to lift that up :p
I think he was able to lift up the previous lid from the corner and that's how he escaped.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, thanks for all of the compliments about his appearance. I'm very proud of how his colours are coming out and it's great to get feedback :p

Very nice snake you have there how old is he?

Very nice snake you have there how old is he?

He looks to be around the yearling mark, maybe older? now lets see if i guessed right ;)

Glad u found ur snake tho, hope he never gets out again. :)

Last edited:
Beautiful MD there, i have one whose about 2 1/2 years old and when he was younger he got out one night, got him back in and turned the light off, could see him by the UV light and then i see him try and get out again, fixxed that quick smart,

How is the lid FIXED down ?? I.E. if its not fixed down im picking u'll soon be looking for your python again as they are much stronger than you think, looking at it from the pic i'd be worried he'll get out again. if it's not fixed down put some heavy books on it in the centre for extra insurance.

Cheers
Congo

you must be so relieved! Glad he's home safe and sound. and I love your dress in that second pic! Was it for some special occasion?

It kinda looks halloweeny lol no offense if it isn't :/ i agree with u tho Icarus, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back