Found out herping.pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettix

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Revdaniel and i went out herping today,didn't find much but
come across this dead eastern brown so just took some pics.
A huge female redback biggest i have ever seen.
And a very unusual centipede,its got blue legs.

Attachments

• pics 026.jpg
    pics 026.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 143
  • pics 027.jpg
    pics 027.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 92
  • pics 024.jpg
    pics 024.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 71
  • pics 025.jpg
    pics 025.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 70
the redback was big allright. I am not sure how clearly the photos are but see if you guys are able to observe how the snake has bands through it. For a couple of seconds i was not sure wether it was a tiger snake or brown snake. Pity it was dead though.

The blue pede?

Attachments

• pics 023.jpg
    pics 023.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 96
  • pics 021.jpg
    pics 021.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 76
  • pics 022.jpg
    pics 022.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 50
Centepedes are hideous imo, but that thing is mad :shock:

Lol looks big in pic.but wasn't after small one but could not
leave that one there very unusual its only 6cm.
Found it in thick scrub under a log at nowra,thought i was seeing things.

You didn't happen to go out near yawal rd/the old dam recently did you??

We went herping there a few weeks ago and went back on the long weekend to find all the rocks flipped and one that had a echidna living under it had tried to be flipped and crushed the echidna under it :( (not implying it was you chaps ;) )
It was rather disappointing to find.

WOW now that pede is MAD!! i want it, its soo cool!! :p gimme gimme gimme!

Na mate i go out around albatross behind the airport,i am very carefull and place rocks back where they were.
Have thoght about going out there to see if there are turtles,have you seen any?,ive only been living here for 4 months,where are you from?

great brown, its a pitty it was dead. any idea how it may have died? I got nothing against lifting rocks and logs, but it ****** me off when people don't turn them back over. Even if it isn't a home to something this trip, it might become home to somehting by next trip.

No mate haven't seen any turtles.Better off going to Kangaroo valley.Lots of lacies where you looked out the end of albatross just watch you don't get smashed of a suprised roo ;)

Not much in the way of reptiles we have seen 1 bluie and 1 jacky lizard and that was further out yambal rd away from there.
We live in sydney but have relos down there.

I got nothing against lifting rocks and logs, but it ****** me off when people don't turn them back over. Even if it isn't a home to something this trip, it might become home to somehting by next trip.

Me neither. You already have the rock in your hand how hard is it to put it back!!
Really angered me finding the crushed echidna.we found it a few weeks earlier and he had built a little burrow abut 2/3 feet under a large rock.:evil::evil::evil::evil:
Imagine our suprise when we came back 2 weeks later to find the rock semi flipped and the little echidna crushed under it and the foxes had had a bit of a gnaw on it.:(

Nearly as suprised as when in another area down the coast we nearly stood on rabbit traps protecting the local "flora" ;) ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back