Found this little guy on my front door step

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeNBake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
dcfd8118-be84-4957.jpg

I haven't got a reptile book at home so I can't ID it. He'd just had a shed and was only 20mm svl

Sorry can't help but she's a looker.

The spiny tail is really not enough to tell specially at that age, but this looks absolutely nothing like a baby AHG.

Ok so the colouring would be a bit odd but a semi adult/ juvinile Binoes Gecko. Possible?

Last edited:
I am with Pike on this one....a clear pic would confirm beyond doubt

It just became apparent to me that the first thing that jumped to mind for me was Nactus but this was discounted because of range. There is however one very isolated record of Nactus cheverti in this general area, not sure when from or whether it is accurate.

Pretty gecko, you're right though Geckphotographer it definitely does look similar to N. cheverti I was interested in your recount of the species occuring out of its 'range' so I consulted some pictures and field guides.

When I say roughly that area I should clarify (now that I have found exactly where) the record is a few kilometres west of Noosavile. Which would be a bit larger distance than you might like to say this corresponds to that record. The record is an Australian Museum record so it is likely identified correctly the collection locality may not be correct though. Interested to find out what this really is now.

Binoes and nactus in naturally occuring in Cleveland are about as likely as oenpelli'sit is neither. As for museum records they can often have location errors eg ctenotus australis at inverloch ( Vic )cheersScott

Yes I was aware of that, and was not suggesting that it was one just that it looks like one to me. It could be possible for it to have been brought in somehow, hitchhiked in caravan or something.

Do you have any opinions as to what it might be, apart from those sort of unlikely guesses I have made I am sort of stuck on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back