Free Herp computer program

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 270

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me what section to put information on defecation(sp?) in the "Free Herp"?

I couldn't find a section or subsection for it, so I put it in the feeding section temporarily until I get the answer.

My Childreni pooed and peed on my hand, the heat mat, and the carpet when I had her out about 1:00am. :oops: :wink: Thanks for your help.

The only stupid question is the question that is not asked.

I think it must be a computer program for monitoring herps. bit like the systems used in a nursing home "solid, slimey, 3:00pm" haha

wombat said:
My Childreni pooed and peed on my hand, the heat mat, and the carpet when I had her out about 1:00am. :oops: :wink: .

Welcome to the wonderfull world of herping wombat :lol: :lol: :wink:

Havent come accross the program you are using :?

seems like overkill for one snake....use a pad and pencil i reckon

Welcome to the wonderfull world of herping wombat
Actually Wombat, there's still much for you to discover in herpland, like the joy of finding python bombs under your hanging rail, behind your bookshelf, beside the bed and in the cupboard on your woollen jumpers, white tees and new silk pj's.

Just you wait!!! :D

"Free herp"

What a great program for all that data entry..

If you don't have it go to "www.proherp.com" and download it now!

free herp is a free program in which you can record dates of sheds, medical issues, feeding, mating etc its easy to use and i use it mainly to record feeding dates so i know exactly how long its been since their last feed shed or if i should be worried coz its been 12 months sincew a feed etc

The yanks spent millions trying to develop a pen that could write in zero gravity environments. The russians just used a pencil.

The moral of the story is, dont try and improve on something that does the job, a pad and pen does the job.

I see what you mean, but there is a point where it becomes inefficient playing around with pencil and paper. At the moment I take more time writing out my feed records than I do actually feeding the gang. (Herptrader, I blame you! Dad is ALWAYS trawling your site. Can't you ban him or something?! Just for a little while, at least?!?)

Southy and Kingii, thanx for the info.

reptililian said:
Welcome to the wonderfull world of herping wombat
Actually Wombat, there's still much for you to discover in herpland, like the joy of finding python bombs under your hanging rail, behind your bookshelf, beside the bed and in the cupboard on your woollen jumpers, white tees and new silk pj's.

Just you wait!!! :D

That's only because you let your snakes have free roam of your house or you have multiple escapies. I will have mine on a tight leash. :lol: :wink:

With the benefit of hindsight, maybe what I thought was poo may have been (melted ice cream consistancy) "solid" urates. Because they were white in colour.

southy said:
free herp is a free program in which you can record dates of sheds, medical issues, feeding, mating etc its easy to use and i use it mainly to record feeding dates so i know exactly how long its been since their last feed shed or if i should be worried coz its been 12 months sincew a feed etc

Looks like you have the program down pat southy. :)

What section do you put the info in when your herps poo?

Teamsherman said:
The moral of the story is, dont try and improve on something that does the job, a pad and pen does the job.

C'mon sherm, I once thought that way too..

Back when we had no guns, and we had to throw the bullets :lol:

Great program if your into it!

Wombat.. I put ALL feeding issues, even when they crap in the "feeding" section. If you scroll to the right in that section you will see "outcome" I find thats a good place to record weights and dates of in and outs.

Go for it mate, imo if your serious about it you can never have too many records.

That's only because you let your snakes have free roam of your house or you have multiple escapies. I will have mine on a tight leash.
Both! I'm always forgetting to close their doors, and always letting them out to free-range anyway. Usually only AFTER they've been outside to go to the toilet, but accidents happen! (I pm'ed you on toilet-training Chillie! She looks like she'll be a fast learner!)

She is the right size to be a meal for the local birds and since my lawn is dead, I don't want to risk loosing her.

I think that the "Free Herp" program is great. Just add entries when I feed Emdee and Boof, and then I know where I am. Hate bits of paper and having to write down records that's for sure! Cheers Cheryl

Kingii said:
Wombat.. I put ALL feeding issues, even when they crap in the "feeding" section. If you scroll to the right in that section you will see "outcome" I find thats a good place to record weights and dates of in and outs.

Go for it mate, imo if your serious about it you can never have too many records.

Yep! That's the section I put it in.

I still have to measure her before she grows too much. At this age (2 months old) I could probably stretch her out along a tape measure (too wriggly to use string). :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back