Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess when I say manipulating I mean by leaving a variation in air temp inside the box the range was between 26-33 degrees for the 57 days. I ran a datalogger inside the box to keep this info. Could you elaborate on what you see as temp manipulation?? I am hoping I can satisfy my curiosity to see if I can find pattern variations from this other then genetics playing god.

I will read the thread thank you, I need to reword what I am trying then to perhaps natural incubation with variable air temps. I really enjoy learning different peoples take on things, I had a discussion a while ago with someone that thought having set times for feeding etc. Have you seen any pattern variations from either temp manipulation or any other methods? My jungle's that hatched have some signs of striping although none of the parents have striping.

This season i had one python lay an entire clutch of slugs which looked like sacks of orange jelly...
So far out of the healthy clutches laid ive only lost a spotted hatchy... it was deformed inside the egg... basically its body was fused together and some organs were on the outside.. i put it out of its misery..
Thats it so far.. still waiting on a few clutches though..

This season i had one python lay an entire clutch of slugs which looked like sacks of orange jelly...
So far out of the healthy clutches laid ive only lost a spotted hatchy... it was deformed inside the egg... basically its body was fused together and some organs were on the outside.. i put it out of its misery..
Thats it so far.. still waiting on a few clutches though..

Cool! Any pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back