Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your all welcome people, i hope you got some nice healthy herps. merry christmas everybody on APS, wishing you all a terrific christmas and a herpy new year !!!!! :D :D :D

does anybody have details regarding the seized reptiles which were on offer? heard anything on the news, internet? curious because they;
cannot be returned to the wild
does this verify they're wild caught?

Perhaps they were captive bred but kept without license?
seized reptiles are very rarely returned to the wild .

but when you think about it, a coral snake and a red naped? pretty hard to find those in captivity, that;'s what led me to believe that they may be w/c.
your right roadkill, would've taken a while to capture the velvet gex. musta been a bloody good herping expedition if that's the case.
if anyone does happen to stumble across any info, i'd be grateful if they posted the details in this thread.
and congrats to those of you who were lucky in the ballot, the gehyra dubia was allocated to me :D

looks like with the amount they had they were probably going to export them.
if this was the case they probably couldnt find 2 of some of the animals and were caught before they could find and export them.
thats my guess anyway

just got my lesuers geckoes, they told me they were seized at the airport and had just been in quarantine at the zoo this morning

There was a story a week or two ago about a herpetologist(Australian?) caught trying to smuggle herps to England, he claimed it was to photograph them in English studio's(bs), wonder if it's related, anyone else see the story?(sorry to be so vague,story didnt give many details)

i saw that but i dont think he was australian.i thought that happened in WA can all those species be found i WA?

I got my 2 southern spotted velvet geckos!
they are so cool
when i went there he greated me will "you lucky Bugger!" i was thinking WAT THE?
then he told me the female is suspected to be gravid!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

now i need to look at nocking up an incubator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back