Frequency of shingleback shedding?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 30368

Reaction score
How often does an adult shingleback skink shed?
I have been reading page after page on shingleback health and care, but can't seem to find the answer.

Any one out there know the answer?

:)

It depends on how fast they grow, the older they get the less they shed so it also depends on the age of your animal

hi there ive been keeping shinglbacks for a long time and have not taken a great deal of notice with shedding myself but i no young ones in the first few years shed fairly often during the warmer months when there smashing the food down mine are in a fair size pit so it is hard to keep track of stuff like that only pulled up some grass out the pit this morning and found a little baby sitting there lokking at me so might have to clean it abit more i think

I had my shingleback last christmas. It shed that very 1st week. It hasn't shed since. He is a good 30'cm's long, so i assume he is an adult.
So i shouldn't worry then that its been a good few months with no shedding?
He is a very happy little boy and eats well. He basks every day and looks very healthy.
Just didn't know how many times a year i should expect shedding to happen.

sounds normal nothing to worry about most adults will only shed 2 or 3 times a year at best good luck with him they are very underestimated skinks and very cute when there babys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back