Frilled Lizards Outdoors?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeluvver

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could keep Frilled Lizards in an Aviary outdoors here in the Sunshine Coast? I know they are found in the wild here so would I need any specieal heating?

Last edited:
yes you can. just make sure he cannot burrow out or escape any other way. and provide alot of climbing places. No need for extra heating since you say they are local to you

Thank you for the replies :)
Can any other species of lizard live with them? (bearded dragons, blue tongues, ect)

At the moment we have a big outdoor enclosure under construction for our frillies, and we are planning on putting a colony of gidgee skinks with them, ours are inside at the moment with a gidgee, and they get along well, so I don't see a problem putting anything else in there as long as you have a big enough enclosure and hides.

As far as being kept with other species, I've seen Aust Reptile Park kept them with Centralian Blue-tongues, and Syd WIldlife World have them in a montrous exhibit with Hosmer's skinks and Black headed monitors. Don't know of any cases of private keepers mixing them with anything.

i would be hesitant about mixing them with other large arboreal species but small arboreal skinks or larger terrestrial species should be fine with them

small arboreal skinks or larger terrestrial species should be fine with them
Fully grown male Frillies are big animals that aren't afraid to climb. Small Arboreal Skinks would be an expensive meal for them.

We keep a trio of large frillies in a large outdoor pit with eastern bluies and major skinks. Never had any problems but we do remove gravid female skinks until the babies are born, We've seen our large male frilly eat a couple of still born baby bluies with no hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back