Frilled Neck laying her eggs (pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyscott

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Early Wenesday arvo (last week) I thought Id check on my gravid Frilled Neck,
I knew she was due any day and she was starting to look like she was gonna burst.
To my suprise I was lucky enough to catch her in the act of laying her clutch.

As its her 1st clutch I was expecting 3 to 4 eggs (hoping for 5 or 6, lol)
but they just kept popping out of her.

Attachments

• FL 1.jpg
    FL 1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 223
  • FL 2.jpg
    FL 2.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 213
  • FL 3.jpg
    FL 3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 200
Congratulations Andy, though she doesnt look very impressed to have you watching her;)

I dont know why they cant move these to class 1. I am very annoied as i could of had heaps allready!! Congrats BTW!!

very cool, hope to see some little hatchies in the near future

Thanks for all the comments guys/girls.

She layed 16 eggs all up, I candled 8 or 9 last night and they are looking good so far.

Attachments

• FL 4.jpg
    FL 4.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 91
How long will they take Andy ? and are they the same as bearded in size of the eggs and incubation time?
I am not up with Lizards and very curious ...also how big are the eggs?

How long will they take Andy ? and are they the same as bearded in size of the eggs and incubation time?
I am not up with Lizards and very curious ...also how big are the eggs?

Hey RBB,
Im not sure on the size of beardies eggs as Ive never breed them to compare.

The eggs are a little over 2cms long, I have no idea how she carried them all.
As for incubation time, Ive set the incubater a little cooler at 29.9 to 30.2 degrees.
Im hoiping this will result in more females in the clutch.
Although it may take a bit longer for them to hatch, my guess would be 55 to 60 days.

Ive received a few PMs of interest, so Ive started a list and am happy to take a few more names.
Cheers Andy.

wack me on please andy ......congratulations mate they looks pearly white to me and about right size wise if you comparible to beardy eggs

Great news Andy,do they have several clutches a season or only the one.Has this female breed before,if so how many eggs did she have.They are such little cuties when their young,i would find it difficult to part with them...Well done and all the best....MARK

Great news Andy,do they have several clutches a season or only the one.Has this female breed before,if so how many eggs did she have.They are such little cuties when their young,i would find it difficult to part with them...Well done and all the best....MARK

Hi Mark,
They will double clutch, but as this clutch was so big and it was her 1st.
I wont put the boy with her again this year, want to get her condition up.
Cheers Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back