frillys living with other lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

l222l3rodiel222l

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey i have a large outdoor enclosure that im planning on putting my two water dragons and two bearded dragons in. i was just wondering if anybody has put a frilly with these types of lizards and if there is any risk in doing so.

Not sure about these two species but I know frillies will live happily with Central Blue Tongues... Although that doesn't help you much though does it!? :)

Where abouts are you first?

Wouldn't recommend it. I know at Wildlife world the Frillies are in with Tristis and a few skinks seem to get along fine.

Waters and Beardies will fight too. My beardies were headbutting a bluey which was in with them at one stage!

IMO it can be fine, sometimes you even get some lizards of the same species that dont get on. Often they may have a small biff when introduced but its just to sort out the pecking order.

I sometimes let my goannas out into the dragon section while i clean or renovate their cage(they are around the same size now) they have no interest in fighting. Most lizards can get along if you can judge how they will get along.

I wouldnt really recommend it but it can be done without a problem in most cases. I keep water dragons and a beardy together.

wow thats weird iv heard that tristis are extreamly violent towards other sp of lizard, perth zoo has a large indoor pit that houses frillys, blueys, shinglebacks, beardies and afew different species of egernia they all live side by side pretty well but theres ample basking spots, room and hides

Where abouts are you first?

Wouldn't recommend it. I know at Wildlife world the Frillies are in with Tristis and a few skinks seem to get along fine.

Waters and Beardies will fight too. My beardies were headbutting a bluey which was in with them at one stage!
LOL headbutting blueys

poor old blueys

Yeah I'm not sure, I know someone in Victoria that keeps Water Dragons, Bearded Dragons, Blue Tongues and Shinglebacks all together and they seem fine. They have been together for years.

I dont know about Waters, Beardies and Frillies going together but I think it was at Featherdale Wildlife Park in NSW, they had Shingles and Frillies together last time I was there.

as long as they have ample room they should be fine. i have adult eastern and juvi central beardies with jacky dragons and blue tounges in the same pit and they get along fine. and before any one asks ,no i dont breed hybrid beardies.

I've actually had an outdoor enclosure with blue tounges water dragons, jackie dragons and beardie's (no frill neck). The water dragons dominated the pond area, and everything else lived fine. The blue tounges didn't even bother the water dragons. I don't recall a single fight.

Like "herpie boy" said as long as they have room. if you force them into each others face...they will have trouble.

Blue tongues are dosile creatures,Dragons Water/Bearded are terratorial.....Frillies frill moves when eating alas thats why they dont recommend feeding even frillies together as their frill gets mistaken for food!!!! and Dragons have the attitude...." if it moves ...I CAN EAT IT"....,basically i wouldnt.
But in the same breath if babies of different species are brought up together (GULLY REPTILE CENTER,in S.A. have done this)all can be great,but you have to cater for individual needs...But not FRILLIES...they are on the endangered list now.!!!

i have adult eastern and juvi central beardies in the same pit and they get along fine. and before any one asks ,no i dont breed hybrid beardies.

Are they all the same gender? Otherwise how do you stop them from breeding?

Well Miss B, do you have a dog & a cat living together ? ........the dog walks up to the cat...the cat turns around and says.....you cant touch this!!!! lol, just a bit of midday humour, hows your girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back