Frog ID please :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragozz

Reaction score
Hey guys, I found this frog stuck to my window this evening, can anyone tell me what it is exactly? It has these tiny bright green dots on it, not sure if you can see in the photo. Thanks

Attachments

• frog1.JPG
    frog1.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 102
  • frog2.JPG
    frog2.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 90
Hey dragozz, we have those little guys where we live too, some of them are a really light grey colour, others are brown, but all of them have those green specks! They are lovely. I would love to know what they are too!

Oh, and they have a really high-pitched croak! One started croaking when I tried to pick it up, they are loud little fellas!

click on

www.frogs.org.au I hope that rights or search for australian frogs in your search engine.

That website you can type in where you're located, and it will show up a list of everything found near you.

I've i'd'ed frogs that way.

Simone.

thanks for the site:) I think I found it, it seems to have the same characteristics as the Litoria peroni- Peron's Tree Frog. It has the same markings next to the legs, exact same eye as described and head to shoulder markings. If anyone would like to confirm or dispute that, it would be great, but I think we have a winner :D

This is the link from the site from frogs.org.au http://frogs.org.au/frogs/species/Litoria/peroni/

you beat me to it lol well looks like it's confirmed then :) Thanks :D

Yes, it is a Litoria peroni, Peron's tree frog.

I am fortunate to keep six of these guy's (and girls) and I love my perons. They change from the palest cream to the darkest brown/black, can have stunning emerald green dots on there back and the inner thigh is yellow and black.

ye it was great, I'm hoping there are more on my yard and that they will hang around for a while at least :) Love finding different things around the house, makes you happy that at least the surroundings make a good home for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back