frog ID.???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elise

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I got a camera for my birthday today... and took some photos of these frogs in my pond outside. wondering what they are. they are around 3mm in length and are hard to take pics of because they are so tiny... but i tryed!!:lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1000.jpg
    IMG_1000.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 45
Northern Dwarf Tree Frog - Litoria bicolor

Edit* Originally I had L. fallax, just realized your in Cairns and L. fallax dont go that far north

sweet :) theres also other breeds but i can't find them.... looks like a toad but isn't... light brown and dosn't live near the pond. and a green frog around 4cm and looks like...

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 36
and you sure its a Northern Dwarf Tree Frog - Litoria bicolor? looked it up and it dosn't look anything like it... they can get less then 3mm....2mm.. 1mm... thats pretty small... seen the northern dwart tree frog at a pet shop that looked nothing like these frogs... but what do i know... pet shops can be misleading...

I also think it looks like a bicolor. A young one though. Recently morphed by the look of it.

If my memory serves me correctly they grow to about 30mm (3cm), so a 3mm specimen is only a youngen.

If you are judging the look of the pet store stock compared to the pond version, bare in mind, that the little guy in your pond is probably only a metamorph. And as for colour, they can be highly variable in colour. I hve seen a pic of 4 bicolors together, and all 4 were diferent colours.

Nice frog never the less

Nat

my camera is good. yes i ment 3mm. i love my new camera... took a few pics of a baby gecko... only its eye.. and i thought the frogs may of been at a baby stage... but i have been keeping tab of them and no... thats how big they grow... when they first apear they are 1.5mm around abouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back