Frog ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessieJEALOUSY

Reaction score
Okay, so i was just at my dads, and as we were leaving he found this gorgeous little brown frog in his garbage bin >_>
i sat out in the rain for a bit till my hands were wet i scooped him up and popped him into the garden, i kinda thought the bin wasnt the healthiest place for him.

anyway i was curious as to what sp. he was.
i live in campbelltown NSW
i did get some pictures, but they are very clear. he was brown in colour, with yellow, almost leopard strips on his back legs (these arent visible in the picture), he also had cross pattern on his eyes, like a goat and a cat haha.
anyway, ill post the pictures if people think it may help.
Oh also, i was fairly certain we had used a frog like this during a practical at tafe, and the one we handled was apparently poisonous, so i was my hands pretty thoroughly afterwards just incase.

thanks sandswimmer,
and donks yeh we did, he wasnt deadly or anything, but i really dont know why he brought it in, eh, i spose it was just the right size for us to hold, and sorta thumped it in ab9out how not all things that are pretty are friendly lol

Sounds like sandswimmer called it.

Did it look like this? If so, then Peron's it is. Pretty common & getting pretty active now.
090913Perons5.jpg

...gorgeous little brown frog...i live in campbelltown NSW
i did get some pictures, but they are very clear. he was brown in colour, with yellow, almost leopard strips on his back legs (these arent visible in the picture), he also had cross pattern on his eyes, like a goat and a cat haha.
anyway, ill post the pictures if people think it may help.
Although we don't have much to go on, Litoria peronii sounds like a likely contender.
Check this link out: http://frogs.org.au/frogs/species/Litoria/peroni/

I think it will definitely help us ID which species it is if you post the pics here.

Last edited:
Pobblebonks don't have a cross-shaped iris. Peron's and Tyler's tree frogs (Litoria tyleri) are the only species in the Litoria genus with a cross-shaped iris...are they the only two species in Australia?

marsh frog ?

Attachments

• SDC17255.JPG
    SDC17255.JPG
    586.9 KB · Views: 88
  • SDC17254.JPG
    SDC17254.JPG
    581.2 KB · Views: 69
  • SDC17252.JPG
    SDC17252.JPG
    579.6 KB · Views: 66
Status