Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys im thinking about setting up a massive frog enclosure soon but have one question

can i house more than 1 species together fine, ( and if they can be ) will a pair of each species breed fine without other species interuppting or something like that ?

cheers Nick

i have read of green tree frogs and magnifent tree frogs being kept together, but havent tryed it myself yet. Just remeber that most frogs are canabals, so i would tend to just stick with a huge tank full of all the same species and size.

I keep a green tree frog and a green and golden bell frog in the one tank.
Everything has been good for a few years now.

ok thanks guys :), do you think they would breed with other sp in the tank ?
also how big do green tree frogs get ?

Nick

a green can get around 10cms .... they get huge lol .... also a magnificent gets bigger

wow 10cm, they are big :p, can someone give me a list ( or from the top of their head ) of frogs that get around that same size

White lips, Magnificents and Green Tree Frogs grow between 10-13cm. Most other species only grow between 4-8.5cm.

White lips, Magnificents and Green Tree Frogs grow between 10-13cm. Most other species only grow between 4-8.5cm.

ok thanks for that :) do you think frogs around the 7cm mark would be safe with green tree frogs and the rest or not really

i would say you need to keep them all around the same size ..... as borthers and sisters can be come lunch for any frogs if they are the smaller .... my gtfs quite happy eat fuzzy mice

IgotFrogs, that is cool. Mine wont even look at pinky rats or mice, they are so fussy! Its only crickets and moths for them, and the occasional grasshopper or such. They dont even like woodies lol.

omg minen love mice but they cant be given to often ... mine only really get what ever my hatchie childreni dosent eat but they love them ....

as mentioned, if they are around the same size they'll be tight. otherwise, yum yum. I keep green trees and white lips together without a problem

Hey, yeah i keep Spotted marsh frogs and southern brown tree frogs together, and i also keep Red eyed tree frogs with southern angle headed dragons, and they do fine :D:D:D

I have a 3ft hx3ft w x2ft deep enclosure and have greens, white lips and magnificents all in the one with no problems at all. One big happy family. Also one of my white lips is 14cms long and is a very fussy eater. :)

I have a 3ft hx3ft w x2ft deep enclosure and have greens, white lips and magnificents all in the one with no problems at all. One big happy family. Also one of my white lips is 14cms long and is a very fussy eater. :)

awesome, thats what i plan to do :)
do you have any pics of your setup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back