Frogs of Wrights Creek

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hi people,

Moved from my old place to Wrights Creek (South Cairns) and there are just hundreds of Green Tree Frogs (and a few species, but I seem to just find these ones when I have the camera out!)

Number 3, 4 and 5 are the same frog in several poses :)

They are continually inside my house and continually finding new ways to get in! I love it!

And they're very friendly to, but I make sure not to touch them.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 39
Kermit the Bog

I guess this is one of the access points to my house...

Hehe.. What's green and sits in your toilet?

Kermit the bog...

No flaming me about the blue loo either please!!

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,038
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 70
They are soooo AWESOME!!! Wish I had them in my backyard instead of canetoads!!!

Some nice pics there, i really like the first one :)

Its ok to pick them up you just need to wash your hands without soap and leave them damp to make sure you have no salt(from sweat) on your hands. They will often let you hand feed them to if you could be bothered catching bugs for them.

i was wondering how they got the blue phase tree frogs;)
i hope you gave him a good wash after that bath:)
did you look in the loo and say "i dont remember eating that"??

Wow, thanks cris, that's cool. I just didn't want to 'burn' them because I know that we are a little corrosive to frogs, but i picked them up with damp (no soap) towels. They seemed happy then... Powerful blighters when they jump!!

We shal name the one on the right Buck

They are soooo AWESOME!!! Wish I had them in my backyard instead of canetoads!!!

Exactly right Adam, I hate toads, no GTF here, although I have found some realy tiny green frogs that like to sit in my golden canes, I have never seen them before and tey are about the length of a 10c piece.

Exactly right Adam, I hate toads, no GTF here, although I have found some realy tiny green frogs that like to sit in my golden canes, I have never seen them before and tey are about the length of a 10c piece.

Cool. Should take some pics of them.
I kill just about every toad I can, we go driving of a nite when it rains around here and gat at least 50 toads in 20 minutes. I am just trying to do my bit for our natural wildlife. If everbody didn't give up trying to kill them we have to win the fight, don't we??

you gotta do what needs to be done. unfortunately killing them is the only way to save our wildlife.

That we do, but you get some whingers saying it is cruel. Get over it.

Its only cruel if you kill them in a cruel way and there is no reason to be cruel to any animal unless you are mentally disturbed.

The little frogs you mention are most likely Eastern dwarf tree frogs (litoria fallax)

Here's another rescued from the loo....

Well, maybe not rescued. But I did as suggested and washed my hands with no soap and tried as hard as i could not to sweat!

He wouldn't leave me even when i had him ready to go outside!!!

This one came in through the loo, but he was sitting on the seat by time i got to him!

You can hear them at night, they make that characteristic thudump when they hit the ground!

I tried to feed this fella from my hand, but he wasn't interested in the bugs I supplied so I bid him farewell.

If these fellas are quite common in my area, would it be fair to say that their predators may also be present in reasonable numbers? I was thinking along the lines of green tree snakes. When is the best time to look for them?

Attachments

• P2090849b.jpg
    P2090849b.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 25
Cool pics!! Bets time to look is at night when it's raining.

GTS are diurnal.
Best time and place to see them in in the early moring / late arvo near water.
I usually just stumble across them when walking though.

I only have two trees here, both a re citrus... oh, wait, three trees... But they're all small. But I guess the snakes will always retreat into the sugar cane. I'm not game enough (yet) to wander through the sugar cane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back