Frogs of Wrights Creek

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is one of the access points to my house...

Hehe.. What's green and sits in your toilet?

Kermit the bog...

No flaming me about the blue loo either please!!

Stupid question..but they don't come from the pipes do they? o_O

Well, maybe not rescued. But I did as suggested and washed my hands with no soap and tried as hard as i could not to sweat!

He wouldn't leave me even when i had him ready to go outside!!!

This one came in through the loo, but he was sitting on the seat by time i got to him!

You can hear them at night, they make that characteristic thudump when they hit the ground!

I tried to feed this fella from my hand, but he wasn't interested in the bugs I supplied so I bid him farewell.

If these fellas are quite common in my area, would it be fair to say that their predators may also be present in reasonable numbers? I was thinking along the lines of green tree snakes. When is the best time to look for them?
I love it! You sound like an excited kid. :)
Lucky you for having nice visitors around your place.

I love it! You sound like an excited kid. :)
Lucky you for having nice visitors around your place.

It doesn't just stop at the 'sound like' hehe... I kinda get a bit of a passion going and maturity levels drop :p

Stupid question..but they don't come from the pipes do they? o_O

Yeah, they swim up the pipes into the toilet.... Lord only knows how many have ended in the sceptic tank (hoping there's a way out for kermit the bog). But if they can get in (shimmying up the pipes) they can get out again!

The one in the first photographs sitting in the blue made his exit via the pipes.. worst thing was I was busting to go, but didn't have the heart to, in case he was still in the pipes (sorry kidneys).

:)

slim6y said:
It doesn't just stop at the 'sound like' hehe... I kinda get a bit of a passion going and maturity levels drop
And there's certainly nothing wrong with that! :)

Yeah, they swim up the pipes into the toilet.... Lord only knows how many have ended in the sceptic tank (hoping there's a way out for kermit the bog). But if they can get in (shimmying up the pipes) they can get out again!

The one in the first photographs sitting in the blue made his exit via the pipes.. worst thing was I was busting to go, but didn't have the heart to, in case he was still in the pipes (sorry kidneys).

:)

Far out! How bizarre! :s Surely they can find nicer places to inhabit around the place.. hehe.
You know you're a true herper when you won't use your toilet cause there might be a frog in the pipes.... hahahahahaha.

But you're lucky..you're a boy so any bush can be your garden.

And there's certainly nothing wrong with that! :)

Far out! How bizarre! :s Surely they can find nicer places to inhabit around the place.. hehe.
You know you're a true herper when you won't use your toilet cause there might be a frog in the pipes.... hahahahahaha.

But you're lucky..you're a boy so any bush can be your garden.

It's just when it's dark and the death adders are on the move I don't like the risk of going poo behind the shed hehe...

Still, you're right, i would think the blue loo would have put them off... But they just have a genuine love for the shallow water and they can hide right uner the rim (every time I want to toilet duck the rim I have to check first!).

There's a frog on my window right now! He's going to be annoyed because I am about to go to bed... When in bed I turn the lights off... when the lights are off there's less insects flying around... And therefore food... I'm so mean!

More getting in under the rim!

A nice POV shot just as im about to take a leak... I saw this little sucker - just a foot hanging under the rim.. so I thought I would flush him out!

So with a good flush he still held on to the side, so he deserved some photos...

Anyhow, he exited via the loo (second photo).

Real cutie... I ended up taking a leak outside...

Can't wait til the Cairns trip and people will all have to make way for the frogs of the porcelain throne!

Attachments

• FrogInLoo.jpg
    FrogInLoo.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 29
  • exitloo.jpg
    exitloo.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 22
And this is what you can wake up to.. unless you stay up all night!

The morning after... :)

Attachments

• sunrise.jpg
    sunrise.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 22
Ive got hundreds of green tree frogs and dwarf tree frogs around my house. I lived at a place called Petrie, and 3 months ago moved house to the other side of Petrie (New estate backing on a river, reserve, and koala habitiat reserve). I live in a coldersack a few houses from the reserve and river. We had minimal frogs at the old place. 1 or 2 when we were lucky when it rained. But now when it rains i just see literally hundreds of them and im not kidding lol. We have a big bush out the back stairs, we counted 47 on it roughly one time it rained. Theyre all over the stairs, roof, walls, chairs, we find them inside sometimes too. You hear hundreds of them croacking when its raining, its so nice to go to sleep to. We love having them around. We also have hundreds of cane toads at the start of the reserve and inside along the river, my younger brother and boyfriend decided cane toad golf wasnt to immuture for them after all, They scored 32 in 20mins. Loads of Cane Toads, but even more frogs! So whos to say we arent winning the war!!

Ive got hundreds of green tree frogs and dwarf tree frogs around my house. I lived at a place called Petrie, and 3 months ago moved house to the other side of Petrie (New estate backing on a river, reserve, and koala habitiat reserve). I live in a coldersack a few houses from the reserve and river. We had minimal frogs at the old place. 1 or 2 when we were lucky when it rained. But now when it rains i just see literally hundreds of them and im not kidding lol. We have a big bush out the back stairs, we counted 47 on it roughly one time it rained. Theyre all over the stairs, roof, walls, chairs, we find them inside sometimes too. You hear hundreds of them croacking when its raining, its so nice to go to sleep to. We love having them around. We also have hundreds of cane toads at the start of the reserve and inside along the river, my younger brother and boyfriend decided cane toad golf wasnt to immuture for them after all, They scored 32 in 20mins. Loads of Cane Toads, but even more frogs! So whos to say we arent winning the war!!

Yes I am mightly pleased about the amount of regular visits I get... The're inside every night practically.. although we've had a fair bit of rain lately.

I love them to bits! At least I don't need to keep them as pets!

Slim6y you are very lucky to have such cute visitors! I can't touch them... i freak out way too much! But you just wanna give them a big smoochy hug and coochy them! Lucky people with actual wildlife in their houses and yards. Not fair oh well i'll live!

More froggies!

Some more frogs...

Can someone tell me is the first one a tawny rocket frog?

There's a nice white lipped frog attached to my window...

And some more GTF... I love em... LOVE EM!!!

Attachments

• frog1.jpg
    frog1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 23
  • frog2.jpg
    frog2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 24
  • frog3.jpg
    frog3.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 23
  • frog4.jpg
    frog4.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 22
Looks like a Stoney Creek Frog to me.
Litoria wilcoxi

Thanks mags.. that was my other choice seeing as my location is just south of stoney creek :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back