From Canberra to Townsville

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eitak

Reaction score
So I am driving to Canberra to Townsville. I am bringing my snakes with me and was wondering the best way to transport them. In a pillow case in a ventilated container?

Also should I be bringing a larger tub for them to have some room to stretch in when I am stopped over night?

Should I provide them with water?

I am planning to do the trip in 3 days stopping ove rnight at friend salong the way.

I have not driven with them before, only had them air freighted, so any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:
Pillow cases in a well ventilated tub, up front with you. Don't leave them in the car for anything, they will overheat very quickly. Don't put them in the boot/tray, make sure they aren't in direct sunlight for long periods of the drive. If you go into macca's take the tub with you...

Ok perfect, was planning to keep them on the front passneger floor. Thanks

Should I let them out at all or will that stress the too much? Am I better off just leaving them in the pillowcase and tub the whole trip?

Be careful with them on the floor, as the engine will heat it up, especially on long drives. You can take them out if you want, I've never bothered, they seem to handle being in the bag no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back