Fruit for beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I put all our left over fruit out for the lizards (wild ones) and they dont seem to care what it is .

my bearded dragon loves water melon :D . he will do anything to get a piece. the colour red is enough to make him excited. he isnt that keen on rock melon :x

I used to put all my scraps in the corner of my outside pit (fruit,veg etc a nice variety of food) and they loved it.And if it wasn't all eaten straight away I would leave it there as a sort of small compost heap to attract insects.

I dont think I said it word for word as I didnt have the book infront of me.But that is where the idea came from.

(Actually I got the idea from a friend who got the info from that book and later purchased a copy of the same book for me).

As for my collection at this stage im unsure.
(Got a few other priorities at the moment).But depends what comes available I guess (as I'd prefer adults)...

OK I just grabbed the book to see what it says exactly.
(I thought id clear the air before certain members start their shyte)
As you can see it is far from identical words.
I merely used the book as a reference at one stage in regards to keeping my beardies,blueys and water dragons.As that is the whole idea of reading up on reptiles to learn how to keep,breed etc etc...

In the authors outdoor enclosures,provision is made for a compost heap where household fruit and vegetable scraps are placed.Bearded dragons will consume the insects that are attracted to the compost heap,as well as feasting on the freshly placed scraps

Tommo said:
my bearded dragon loves water melon :D . he will do anything to get a piece. the colour red is enough to make him excited. he isnt that keen on rock melon :x
i thought beardies cant see red?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back