Full Moon - Bad Crimes!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cops and paramedics will tell you that the full moon is a busier time for them, and anyone who works in a pub would say the same..

Definately, the difference is very obvious on a standard night and a full moon - I don't know jack about science or gravity or tidal pull - but what I do know is that I hate working full moons....

We often have a joke at my work about who has to work in the evenings and take calls from people when there is a full moon - without fail we get the weird and wonderful charactors calling in. I cant comment scientifically on the topic - though I can say that coincidently there is alot of things which can be blamed against gravitational and tidal interferance.

I work in the disability field and have worked with people with disabilities and psychiatric illness for the last nearly 20yrs. We did some tracking of peoples behaviours over a 2 yr period when I worked for a behaviour intevention team. after the 2 yrs we aligned the data we collected the phases of the moon as support staff had felt that the moon influenced behaviours. We found that behaviours of people with intellectual disabilities and people with psychiatric issues had more intense and violent behaviours over the 2 days before, the day of and 2 days after a full moon. I dont know much about the tides and all the other scientific stuff, although the info that we found out was more than convincing that the moon cycle definately affect peoples moods and behaviours. Even now in the area I work in we find the same and my staff fight over who works on full moons.

This might sound stupid but could it have something to do with the light level :?
When its a full moon you can clearly see in the 'dark', many crimes are commited in dark.

The people we studied were mainly in lockdown units with no windows and no way of seeing the outside world so I think that blows the light theory out of the water.......

Cops and paramedics will tell you that the full moon is a busier time for them, and anyone who works in a pub would say the same..

This is exactly right! I'm more inclined to believe what I've seen in regards to this. Another interesting fact is maternity wards always acknowledge that they need to increase staff numbers to cater for full moon cycles.

That was a very interesting read also Isis! Thanks.

@*^!(#&% PMS!!! IT WOZ FULL MOON A WEEK AGO!! :D:D:D:D can i blame the moon for getting me banned from chat?? pleaseeeee?????? pleasepleaseplease? sounds like an awesome excuse to me! :D the moon made me be spastic!!! :D:D:D

OHHH and we need to blame it for freddy getting banned from chat too! :D:D:D:D:D but not snake addict, hes a DUUUUUUUDE!............... possibly................lets hope.................. :O

Well - you can't argue with the facts there straight in front of you. And does science really have to answer it? Is it just a 'primal' instinct that has never left us?

Even if we can't see the full moon we can still 'sense' it - but without being attuned to that sense we can't utilise it (for failure of a better word).

Perhaps, as suggested earlier, large huntinng parties would leave the women in their cave on a full moon night to hunt as they could see easier. And surely, other animals (the hunted) would also be wearier and stand guard more on a ful moon night.

Therefore, to some exten there's blood lust and crazyness bred into us!

Surely the excitment of a hunt for tribesman would stir the adrenalin and get the blood pumping. Beating their chest and screaming ooooh ahhhh oooooh ahhhhh (but somewhat better than my typing sounds).

And if this was bred into us over the 1000s of years this occured, then why should it leave us and other animals?

So maybe, just maybe, people are still intune with their inner tribesman.

Would it be fair to say that men are more affected?

Or did the women party it up when the men were off hunting? I bet they did! They would have had their party gears on and been pretty stoked when the men were all out of there,

Anyhow - science doesn't have to answer everything... But sceptics and acceptors alike will all agree that Bug_Collector was kicked out of chat prior to and after full moons... And this month, being a blue moon month...Good luck to all you social workers, bar people, ambos, nurses, doctors... teachers eeeek.... I'm at least one of those!

So once in a blue moon - well.. Lunatics and the like.. here we go!

bad moon, BAD BAD MOON! **waggles finger at** that should sort it out :)

I don't care what people claim the reason is, but it is true, the full moon brings out every %$&*$

I can only just what would have happened if there was a full moon eclipse on 30 June... hmmmm... would have been all sorts of prophecy's of world destruction...

I missed the last full moon eclipse because of clouds :( so gutted! It turns blood red afterwards!

You cant blame the moon for that Bug....just realise you are an idiot and not in the mental health meaning of the word.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back