Funny Facts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moreliaman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A friend sent me these facts in an email.....thought i'd share them with you lot.
I know one of them isnt true because ive had male praying mantids escape death & the female still produced a viable ootheca, and if you feed the female enough before introducing the male, she is less inclined to eat him!

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee. (Hardly seems worth it.)

If you passed gas consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb. (Now that's more like it!)

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet. (O.M.G.!)

A pig's orgasm can last over 30 minutes. (In my next life, ......I want to be a pig.)

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy.)
(I'm still not over the pig.)

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
(Do not try this at home...... maybe at work.)

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.
("Correct me if im wrong but i think you'll find this one is bovine excretment !! ....?!")

The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field. (jeez...30 minutes... lucky pig... can you imagine!!)

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
(What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)

Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
(I still want to be a pig in my next life...quality over quantity)

Butterflies taste with their feet. (Bummer if you land on dog poo then !.)

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
(Hmmmmmm.....errrrrrrrrrr.....I’ll pass commenting on this one!)

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer
than left-handed people. (If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump. (OK, so that would be a good thing....)

A cats urine glows under a black light. (I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. (I know some people like that.)

Starfish have no brains. (I know some people like that too.)

Polar bears are left-handed. (If they switch, will they live a lot longer.)

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
(What about that pig?!!)

Last edited:
Oh thats pure gold aaahahahahahhaahha. I just love the comments, and i'm with you, definitely coming back as a pig, multiple times :phahahahahah

The mantis one is bull. A male mantis has been observed to mate more vigoruosly after having it's head bitten off, but that said the mantis initiates mating without losing it's head and often keeps his head to mate again.

exactly munkee......I also thought the reason the female sometimes ate the males head was to provide extra nourishment for the resulting offspring.

.......i still think thats one lucky pig....!!

Last edited:
LoL.

I think the last one isnt true either i beleive the bonobo also has sex for fun. There all pretty funny but.

Thanks

I was under the impression that most primates will/can/do have sex for pleasure.
There are whole communities of Primates that will have sex with any other moving primate- male or female..At least thats what a doco on Animal Planet told me...

Some of those facts are interesting....the pig one is a total giggle!

there is i believe documented cases of homosexuality in some chimps or bonobos etc. thats obviously not about procreation :lol:

there is i believe documented cases of homosexuality in some chimps or bonobos etc. thats obviously not about procreation :lol:

I have also seen this on some doco. And since when did snakes start to jump?

A pig's orgasm can last over 30 minutes. (In my next life, ......I want to be a pig.)

Want to come back as a pig eh? I love bacon. :lol: Can some one pass me a ham sandwich? :lol: You are lucky I don't like pork. :lol:

Good stuff.

Im sure my dog enjoys trying to hump other dogs and the odd attractive humanoid leg!

And jumping.....worms cant jump.....what about an amoeba or other micro bitty animal.....oh and White Men Cant Jump...LOL

Now Ive just got to get hold of a Human Heart...............................................................................................................................................

dont some of those South American gliding snakes jump out of trees?
dosnt something have to be muti cellular to be considered an animal? an amoeba is eurkaryotic but prob not considered an animal.
although having said that, a snail is definately an animal, yet i've never seen one of those jump even when trying to escape a hungry bluey.
if were talking mammals it might be accurate. although i never heard of a dugong jump :lol: and what about a sloth? im sure it could fall though.

A chicken has 25 differnet communication cries.
A drakes penis is shaped like a corkscrew.
Ancient Greeks believed that hysteria was caused (in women) by the movement of her uterus around the body.

and dont forget dragon flys, the boys have a penis designed to remove the semen already left behind from previous matings, so as to deposit their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back