Future Scrub Enclosure Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle.01032

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi guys, im thinking of making a 9 ft L x 3 ft H x 3 ft D for my new scrub when she gets older, there is not alot of info out there just wondering if this would be an ok size, please tell me if it isn't and suggest any other sizes

Don't own a scrubby but I think it would definitely need to be taller and deeper, the length sounds good.

I'd been interested too, I'd love to keep one of these regal critters but was pondering the possibility of doing so indoors. :)

I'd probably look at setting up a 6ft Tall x 4ft Deep x 8ft Long enclosure with shelves to maximise usable space. But hey, I don't have a Scrubbie, so I wouldn't really know.
Due to their reputation as big mood swingers, I don't think I'll ever have one... That's not to say that I don't dream about having one though. Lol.

9 x 3 x 3 would be big enough for quite a few years...

And Yes I own two large scrubbys

I have a pair of scrubbies, their around 12 months old and are in 1200mm/600mm/600mm enclosures.

When they are of an adult size, I will be building an aviary for each. That seems to be how everyone does it, yet that's in the warmer areas of Australia, as they are from north Queensland, I don't think an aviary in sydney would be good for them through them winter months, but that's just my opinion.

If you have the room, I'd opt for a aviary, if not, the cage size you have in mind sounds good. The depth sounds okay, just go a bit taller.

Just remember, if you have a 2 story house, or tight doorways, try keep the snake housed in the garage, or a well opened room, as if you ever need to move, that would be a struggle to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back