G`day fellow stimsons owners

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Nut

Reaction score
Hi all who are reading this,
I have recently purchased a stimsons python, ( few months old). First time reptile owner. I`m open to any advice or hints that you have to give me. I`ve read a few from other posts already.
Me personally i`m 19 year old male ( red hair, that explains the display name) apprentice mechanic. Had dogs, my brother has fish so i thought i`d get something different...a snake being that.
thanks for your time, hit me back whenever

Welcome to the site the WIKI at the top of the page has good info

Hi and welcome

I have had my Stimsons for about 6 months now and all is going well. I found that mine didn't feed very well at first then all of a sudden she just started eating like a trooper. If you have trouble getting yours to feed regularly just leave it a lone for a while. Only open it's cage when it is feeding time. It is a bit disappointing not to be able to hold it but you will enjoy your snake more later if it hasa a chance to settle down now.

Once it is feeding properly you will be able to handle more and enjoy your snake.

Keep it in a small container for a while. Mine is now about 16 months old and I am only just thinking about moving it into a larger more permanent enclosure. I also found that when I put some fake leaves in the box she seemed to come out of her hide more often and would sit there watching me. don't be surprised also if you newspaper as the substrate that it like to sleep in the folds rather than the hide box. Newspaper is a good insulator so it is probably warmer, esp. if you have a heat mat.

good luck and enjoy.

Welcome mate, i have had Beardies...I then brought a juv SW carpet python, and just recently brought 2 adult male stimmies...Soon to get another few stimmie females for breeding...

Regards...
Ash...

hey red nut

i have stimpthons and diamonds do you have any pics. Welcome i am new to the forum as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back