Garden Skink Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza09

Reaction score
Hey,
I was mowing the lawns at my work today and moved some of the mats that cover the sandpit and found a bunch of Garden Skink eggs, and a Baby Blue Tongue(10 centimetres), had a play with the Bluey before letting him go into the next door swamp through the fence,
Collected up the eggs in a container and then found a whole heap more, some of which had dried, I picked these up as well and the dry ones imitidatly hatched before my eyes.

I brought the eggs home (50 metres up the road) on some of the moist sand they were on and sprinkled some lawn clippings on top, I would have left them however, I was mowing and didn't want to suck them up, and couldn't leave them anyway as I work in a Childcare centre and the children would be back tomorrow morning and trash them anyway,

Ok so my question, what temperature would be good to incubate them at?
they're sitting on a heatmat at the moment at around 26-28 degrees, I looked through some other threads but didn't actually confirm an actual heat.

Wow, thats cool, what did you do with the hatchlings, i wish i was that lucky. I really wanna see a live hatching take place.

I let them go also through the fence, theres a large paddock and swamp next door with plenty of mozzies and bigs to eat, the less mozzies biting me at work the better.

I've come across a similar scenario, I was demolishing a building and in a crack next to the footing there was about 30 skink eggs, I'd say they lay in a communal area. they had to be moved as their home was being destryed and lots of them hatched while we were moving them. We put them in the garden where they were close to their egg site.
We did the best we could and lots hatched, but we didn't incubate. They just sort of exploded in your hand and there was a perfect little garden skink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back