G'day from another newbie to this hobby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnie

Reaction score
G'day all,

decided to join the site after my youngest has become more interested in keeping snakes. Especially as I will be the one who has to make his new enclosures.

My son has a 2.5yr old female Children's we got from Yommy in early 2009. "Chook" has proven to be a great addition to the family animal clan, though 'Burma' the 9kg furry chainsaw, would love to get hold of her! Our son sits with 'Chook' drapped over his head, around his shoulders, whilst doing homework.

With his growing interest, we decided to allow him to take the next step. A good friend and work mate, who breeds, offered us his breeding trio of Bredli. Whilst it would have been a good start with breeding next season and a return on the purchase cost, our son thought it better to get a trio of yearlings and grow them. He felt more comfortable with learning to handle these three as they grow than stepping straight into three 2M+ adults!

So last Thursday, my darling wife drove our son to the mate's place to pick up his trio of Bredli. He is now the happy owner of a male hypo and two standard females.

With a new enclosure set up, all three have apparently settled in well, all housed together at present. I had read some posts here regarding not doing this, but space and time constraints have necessitated the single housing. So far so good and no hassles!

Each snake is removed from the enclosure for feeding in a purpose bought container. He has never fed his Children's in it's enclosure as this is what we were advised from the start. It'll be interesting to see if any of the new additions will develope any cage-agro with this method of handling.

I hope to see some pics of the new snakes as I'm not living at home at present. Once I get them I'll post here.

Attended the expo in Newcastle today. Some great looking snakes indeed. Would love some of the Woomas I saw there.

Anyway, look forward to being a regular reader here and drawing on the collective knowledge here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back