G'day, RooOfBlue here...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RooOfBlue

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello all, newbie here. A little about myself: moved to SA 10 months ago from Tucson, Arizona, USA in order to marry my fiancee. I've been involved with herps since early childhood (and believe me, that was a lonnnng time ago!). During the '70's - '90's I was involved in the breeding of various US colubrids, mainly grey banded kingsnakes (Lampropeltis alterna), Arizona mountain kingsnakes (Lampropeltis pyromelana pyromelana), and green rat snakes (Senticolis [formerly Elaphe] triaspis intermedia. I've also worked with and studied various species of US pit vipers, mostly copperheads and rattlesnakes. That said, it's great to be living here in Oz and I hope to gain much information about the native herp species through this forum.

Cheers,
John

RE: G

hi John and welcome to APS :wink: what snake do you keep now (or are planning to keep)?

Bloody yanks stealin our women! Now you want some of our herps I bet?? :wink: Nah, just jokes welcome to the site :D

Newbie you say ? Certainly not on snakes as i read it .
For the site ........ welcome to the show mate.

If ya can plz show some of ur snakes on here we're all picture crazy here :p

Hi John! Welcome to APS and to South Oz!! Glad to have you!! oh and I second Dutchy - Pics Please!!! :)

welcome and yeh, bring on the usa pit vipers.

Thanks for the welcomes all! As to what snakes I may keep, still up in the air right now. And as to pics, sorry to say I have none. All my old pics were taken with film cameras and I gave them all to a fellow herper when I moved here. :( And olivehydra, hey man, I only stole one woman!! 8)

plenty of elapids to keep you on your toes here mate

welcome to the site,

nick

Thanks for the welcome rexs1 - looking forward to meeting lots of your elapids! So far have only encountered one brownie while mountain biking some months ago. And in order to sate the picture appetites of some of youse, here's a link to a friend's website in Utah, USA. The pics show the wild variety of colour patterns found in Lampropeltis alterna. You can get totally different looking animals from one clutch of eggs - little wonder it's one of the most popular snakes in the US. Every breeding season is like Christmas!

http://www.ricblairreptiles.com/GRAY BAND KING BREEDERS.htm

Hey John! Welcome to South Aust!!

Congrats on hooking up with an Aussie Sheela too, we are quite the breed!! hehehehe

If your interested? We have a herp society meeting once a month in the city, let me know if you want details? The next meeting is on the 12th it's a Tues night. There are a few of us from this site that go now, so don't be afraid!!!

Kerri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back