Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was going to rochampton and saw the place and decided to stop there on the way back... so on the way back we stoped in..IT WAS CLOSED the only day it was closed during the week. i was so sad:(

Must get up there ,have been told by a few that have gone there ,that its a good place ,only a few hours from me.As far as Aussie Zoo goes , they do have some amazing Australian snakes , but you dont get to know much about them as there isnt any interaction(unless your there at feeding time)only a small info sign at each enclosure.I dont understand why they walk around with exotic species of snakes but have never seen them walking around with our Aussie beauties,cant even get a pic with a coastal.

Its true that aus zoo have a few (not many) exotics, but I dont even bother going there when Im in QLD every year anymore, as the reptile stock is never new, just the same stuff year after year.. Sad for what used to be a reptile park. They even do the same tired old skit in the snake show every day for years! lol NO close up interaction unless you pay to have a Burmese draped round your shoulders for a split second while they take a pic..etc etc.

They really dont have any aus herps that you cant see at any other place, and the fact that so many ppl work there means you might ask a question of a passing keeper, and they will say, "I dont know, I just open the gates for the train and hose down the paths." LOL

IMO, if you want exotics, you cant beat ARP, and for aussie reps, a smaller park like Ian's (Snakes Downunder) is the way to go.

yes, snakes down under is a top park to go too, and Ian is a great bloke, but he needs more people to visit so I encourage all herps to take a visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back