G'Day

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoozie09

Reaction score
Hi I'm a new member and new to reptile keeping. This site was recommended and seems really helpful. I'm a licensed keeper of one blue tongue skink so any tips about them would be great!:)
I would really like to know if I can house another lizard with my bluey - another bluey or a deifferent species - and is it easy to determine what sex they are.
Cheers!

Blue tongues are almost impossible to sex when they are on their own. Community housing depends really on size of enclosure, direct set up and size of your blue tongue.

My blueys live together and much to popular contraversy they are both apparently male and successfully live together however this does not always work. I also house with beardies so long as the beardie is non agressive and of similar sizing to the bluey.

I have also seen other varities of skink housed with them such as shinglebacks, cunninghams etc. I would advise agaist putting different variations of blueys together though to prevent cross breeding.

BTW welcome to APS mate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back