G'Day

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robscl

Not so new Member
Reaction score
G'Day all
My name is Rob and I'm a complete newbie when it comes to owning reptiles although I have loved and been fascinated by them since before I can remember.
Well I've decided it's time but not sure where to start yet so I'll be mulling around here for a few months to try and learn as much as I can and will attend a few meetings of Macarthur herps as well as a whole lot of research so that I make the right decision.
I've got a couple of kids 4 and 8 so I want them to have a good experience as well so as to not scare them off in the early days.
So I hope you all don't mind if I pick your brains for a while.

Cheers
Rob

Welcome to APS! Hahaha.. I can see an addicted family around the corner.. ;)

Welocme
this site is extremely useful, and the people on here are very helpful. You'll find it a great help.
Pav

welcome, owning reptiles is addictive, i only ever thought i would own 1 snake now i own 3 lol

welcome Rob, dont worry if ur kids are anything like i was at that age you wont be able to scare them off.
probably the first thing u should consider when thinking about what u want to get is, how much room do u have? this will be the limiting factor. then u can think about snakes/lizards/turtles etc...
any way, good luck :D

In the Wiki there is information on buying your first python, and welcome to the site.

welcome Rob, dont worry if ur kids are anything like i was at that age you wont be able to scare them off.
probably the first thing u should consider when thinking about what u want to get is, how much room do u have? this will be the limiting factor. then u can think about snakes/lizards/turtles etc...
any way, good luck :D
Thanks for the welcomes all
I've already allocated a room to house the critters aprox 4m x 3.5m as well as a couple of spots in the family and rumpus rooms that could hold some nice looking timber cabinets as the Mrs would want to match the decor:rolleyes:

But the collection will start slowly, the Mrs and kids are keen to get a childrens python and maybe a couple of water dragons so thats looking like a good start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back