geck help plz

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
101_0895.jpg

There we go. :)

I think the cage could use a lot of appropriately placed thin rocks to create some crevices for it to hide in. Also, a rock back ground would be used a lot although they can be quite expensive. This species is found pretty much only where there are lots of caves and crevices, so try and set the cage up similarly, but be extra careful how the rocks are stacked, as you don't want them moving and crushing the gecko. You might also put some large logs in there, so that he can climb up off the floor of the cage, as they love to climb.

thanks mr bredli!

yeah as Mrbredli said theryre arboreal (love rocks!) if ur tailking about southern leaf-tailed geckos.
i keep 2 so i have heaps of rocks and sand aswell; ill try post a pic of my tank soon.

Actually Broad-tailed Geckos do not require any heating, ambient temps normally suffice.

i bought it off a guy and no its not wild i know about geckos i was just asking.i only got it today so i will make alot of changes
thanks jordan

Unless of course you dont want to cool them down i guess? I havent seen the ones that live around my house for nearly a month now.

Im going to say no its not a good enclosure. It needs to be bigger; both longer and higher. And the red sand?..
Does it have any form of heating?
Dont mean to speculate but.. wild caught? You dont really go out and just buy a leaf tail and know very little about their requirements..
Anyway check out these links:
http://geckosunlimited.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10300&highlight=phyllurus
http://geckosunlimited.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6309&highlight=phyllurus

the tank is big enough for now.wats the matter with red desert sand??

I take it back then!..Just looked like makeshift enclosure. I was looking for a pic of a good leaf tail enclosure but i cant find it. If i do il post it up.

I take it back then!..Just looked like makeshift enclosure. I was looking for a pic of a good leaf tail enclosure but i cant find it. If i do il post it up.

wat made u change ur mind.i bought it off this guy and he really didnt know wat he was doing..but i like to take care of all my reptiles.so should the tank be bigger if so how much more?? and is red sand ok? or wat is better?
thanks

I would have used something more naturally occurring in their range or that mimics that? Peat mixed with soil or sand? Dont take my word though, i dont keep any phyllurus. I guess it doesnt matter in the long run..its all up to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back