Gecko ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepythia

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Just wondering if anyone can please Id this Gecko for me?
My guess would be a N. Cheverti?
Found so many in and around our house in the last couple of weeks and I would like to read up about them, Gives me something to do :)
geck3.jpg

geck2.jpg

geck1.jpg

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• geck1.jpg
    geck1.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 37
  • geck2.jpg
    geck2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 41
Mate going off locale and looks I would agree with you by the pics,...... im looking at Wilson/Swan Guide to Reptiles of Australia. And im not an expert by a long long shot. Nice critter though...says very agile in book....do you see them throwing themselves around?

Could be the ones in my books are lighter and dont have the darker tail section but i will keep looking

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

AusReptiles88 I did a quick search on N.Pelagicus ad it does look quite similar however are they found down this far? I'm in cairns, well about 15minutes north of.

I don't have a fieldguide currently and have been doing my IDs on memory and good old google.

I have quite a large rocky outcrop outiside my bedroom window and yes smithers these guys definitely do seem rather agile, aren't to worried about being watched often either, lot's of hatchies at the moment too.

There are reportedly some records of N. pelagica from south of Cairns but I couldn't be bothered going through over a thousand records to confirm it. Irrespective, it definitely looks more like your guess, N. Cheverti. A bit the photos don't show more of it in focus. irrespective I think you can feel fairly comfortable that you have got it right.

Blue

Thank you blue :)
Yes unfortunately I'm still learning how to use a dlsr camera I was given but in the second photo you can see part of the scales which look slightly raised.

After a bit more research I think I may have been right also but decided to read up about both species anyway.

Thanks again,
Amber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back