Gecko Identification please help!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

haz1111

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone please help identify this gecko and the red spots in between it's toes??

Attachments

• picture1.jpg
    picture1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 123
  • picture2.jpg
    picture2.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 181
  • picture3.JPG
    picture3.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 139
yep thats agecko alright :D
haha sorry im not sure, where abouts are you located? could help with the ID

I'm located in Melbourne at a shipping container park, we receive containers from all over the world so i could have come from anywhere. i just wanted to know if it was native to Australia.
I think we may have to call quarantine.

Red mites...

Pretty common on wild lizards like skinks and geckos..

Close enough.......:p

I'm located in Melbourne at a shipping container park, we receive containers from all over the world so i could have come from anywhere. i just wanted to know if it was native to Australia.
I think we may have to call quarantine.

:shock:dang.

Hmm well that might explain it. I was just looking it up in a book and couldn't find an exact match. Probably a good idea just to get it checked by quarantine. But I'm no gecko expert. Keep us informed of what you find out.

Which one Austy? I thought it looked similar to the bynoes but like I said, I'm no gecko expert so am curious to know.

I dont agree Austy..

I think its def foreign..

Thanks! I'll wait and see what quarantine have to say.... I'll keep you posted

Doesnt look like any native Heteronotia anyway.

More of a Salturius look to it..

But found in Melbourne from a shipping container, that screams foreign.

Cool looking guy.

I wonder how many PM's Haz is getting right now...............

no,definately an import.Call Aqis and take it to Melb zoo.It needs to be in an Quarantine approved premise immediately.

That looks like a Bibron's gecko (Pachydactylus bibronii) to me, deffo not australian i think !
Bit under weight too !
African ?

oh man its a pretty one! shame if its not local to aus it might have to get euthanised..

He's in the hands of AQIS now, still not sure what he is, but I really hope they don't kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back