gecko not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyandnat

Reaction score
Hey guys my female knobtail occi layed about 2 weeks ago i thought all was fine and she would slowly put weight and condition back on but she isn't and i have not seen her eat for at least the last week and a half she is getting really skinny i have just seperated her from the male and i am using reptical to dust feeds hot end temps of 30 31 i have a deep end of sand that she likes to burrow in and she hasn't come out that i have seen not to say shes not in the middle of the night. Im really worried she just doesn't seem interested in foodand seems to be getting weak she was in really good condition before she layed.
Any tips on getting her to feed or advice to get her back up
Thanks Matt

It can be normal for a female to lose condition during the breeding season. Try and feed her a variety of insects, crickets, woodies and meal worms. If worse comes to worse you can take her to the vet.

i know its normal to loose condition in breeding but she layed 2 weeks ago and is still really skinny and has not put any condition back trying woodies and crickets did try meal worms a while ago but they didn't eat em could try again i guess

Also thinking of taking her to a vet but the only reptile vet i am aware of is about 2 hours away

My male Cunningham dkink has stopped eating, he's picked at a few meal worms but, seems disinterested in food even his favourite. Yet he seems active and alert and is not loosing weight, he's been like this now for over 1 month. Nothing has changed with him except his not eating much atall

- - - Updated - - -

My male Cunningham skink has stopped eating, he's picked at a few meal worms but, seems disinterested in food even his favourite. Yet he seems active and alert and is not loosing weight, he's been like this now for over 1 month. Nothing has changed with him except his not eating much atall

Woah irrelevant bump.
Your reply to a four year old thread doesn't even address the OPs issue.

I'm not sure advice given for a python is really going to help either.

Maybe not but both lizards and snakes lose a lot of calcium from producing eggs so only a vet will only no for sure and I only realised its a four year old thread now lol sorry my bad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back