Gecko vivarium - noob soz :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

green.duck

Reaction score
hey im looking into getting sum geckos and as i live in aus i know most of them live in the sand but i really want a viv with plants something like this, would a foger up the top be good and how would i make the bottom more dry thx
DSCN3524.jpg

Look up wildsky.net/vivarium It is a naturalistic vivarium website. Most of these wet tanks are for tropical frogs and lizards, however they can be modified.

umm i want geckos not frogs im asking if i can modife that type of encloser to suit geckos

there are some arboreal geckos that would prefer a high rather than long enclosure, but they would prefer more trees to climb than plants. look at the oedura genus. all good starters imo and there all aboreal

would it be better if i got rid of the tropical plants put air plants sand down the bottom and a lump of drift wood down the bottom

I'd pick the gecko first, then do the viv to suit. as suggested, arboreals would suit. I started with Lesueurs against all advice to go for non-arboreals and have never looked back. Make sure your viv can be closed up tight. I am setting mine up with live plants but prob wouldn't go for a fogger as I'd be too worried about excess humidity causing mould etc.

oh ok ill save up and buy a pair then keep them in a tub until i set it up will tha be ok how big does the tub need 2 be ?

oh ok ill save up and buy a pair then keep them in a tub until i set it up will tha be ok how big does the tub need 2 be ?
ill go with levis would they like it if i keep the tank up right and made the ground sandy with a cave or do i need all sand and a flat tank

ok i cant edit posts new idea ok no rain forest for aussies so if i did a desert set ups like a sand hill with a magnetic hide underneath the hill, i wanna put sum grass in there what kinda grass should i put in there? is this glass cage 40X30x35 cm too small

Green Duck,

N. levis levis are desert animals, if you wont them to live happily give them red desert sand, a warm end which is shallow and a cool end wih a sand depth of around 15cm, 2 hides and pleny of crickets and woodies :) Dont worry about foggers, plants or anyhing like that.

Scorps

yea i figured is the sand hill and a magnetic hide ok? 470mm*300mm*360mm is that too small?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back