gecko's on petlink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tangy1

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone been on petlink and seen the post from someone selling milli gecko's for $40 a pair with free freight. :shock:
sounds a bit sus to me.
petlink.com.au

RE: gecko

lol give him free advertisement lol sounds very sus if its free frieght it would mean his ethier losing money or just having no profit

He posts via Aust Post and no license already enquired

I contacted him by email, he says no license required, he has thicktails,knobtails and spiny tails, $30-$40 a pair. he says he freights them by 'express' post, he puts them in a little plastic tube with grass and air holes then wraps them in bubble wrap. he says it may not be 'legal' but he has never had a problem. He even pays for the postage. For the price I think it is pretty safe to say they are wild caught, particularly when he said I would not require an import permit because I wont be getting any license details which I took to mean they weren't on license.

I just find it strange that he is selling them as he is "Going over seas" then he also post that he has new stock of heatmats etc for sale :/

i emailed him ask him 3 questions, heres a copy

(Me)
hi, just wanting info on these animals, are they captive breed? are they
lisenced? have they already breed before?

(him)
Yes captive bred, No not licenced. And yes bred before.

Strange, I think he means christinus marmoratus which are only worth about $15 :)

I must be looking in the wrong spots because I always see the Marbled Geckos (Not the marbled velvets) for $150! lol

HEY,just send him your bank details ,give him all your money, and be happy !!!!

The local department in Victoria actually come down quite hard on people harvesting "off licence" species and selling them - particularly geckos..... and yes they do monitor all of the main sites.

As if stress an animal to transport it through the post?! Thats just not cricket...but then again..I'm not sure how animals are transported when they're frieghted generally..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back