General starter help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrTj18

Reaction score
Hi my name is dale... i turned 18 on christmas Day. just wanted to know how i could obtain and keep an actualy reptiles license for a python? next question can you freight other snakes non venomous? because im in Wa and i really like the looks of the diamond and jungle python but cant decide so yer... once i have my licence i can then decide on which one i would like to get. thankyou very much all for this nice website : )

Hi Dale, and welcome :)

I believe living in WA limits you in what snakes you are allowed to keep.

There are quite a few people from WA on here, hopefully, one of them will be able to point you in the right direction as far as getting your licence, and finding a breeder near you to purchase from.

Hey there,
I'm in WA too. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to import ANY pythons, whether it is a species we are permitted to keep here in WA or not. Captive bred or wild caught within WA only for us.
At this stage you will only be allowed a category 2 or 3 license. This means you are limited to keeping a stimson or south western carpet python.
Both the diamond and jungle python that you mentioned are not allowed to be kept by keepers in WA.
Here is CALM's reptile licensing section:
Department of Environment and Conservation - How to make an application
There you will find a license application and a list of approved reptile species that you will be able to keep.
Best of luck with it all :)
Megan

thankyou for all you help i hope i can fork out 800 bucks for a south west carpet LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back