giant snake eats possum shocks englishman

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrodarknessanny

Reaction score
well i lol'd at this, in our local papper
the fraser coast chronicle there was an article about a carpet python that had killed and eatten a possum,
the article says and for its head line " giant snake"

but looking at the pics, the snake in question , a coastal carpet, looks like an avrage sized adult animal, and hardle a record breaker.

i just lol at the way the reporter has put it, as a "giant" snake when clearly it is not.

achording to the article the bloke who witnessed the event was tempted to kill the snake but in the end decided not to, and after it fed it was removed by a snake catcher.

horay for the sanke.

The same thing happened at Byron bay,someone called a guy to have a snake removed that had caught a possum.It was freaking people out and distressing them.I wish those people could go to africa and take a antelope or something off a lion.I would pay to see that.IDIOTS.

It really shocks me how people can't put up with bit of blood and guts let alone an animal eating.

A lady at work went and got her car serviced, and got a call from the Mechanic, there's a snake in your engine!

Luckily he was an old WIRES person so removed the snake, however the local paper got a hold of the story and the picture that went with it, Python found in car engine.... pity it was a big old Sydney Green Tree Snake.

Any snake that is 30cm to a non-reptile person is HUGE..So a 6ft Carpet is going to be a massive snake to alot of people..Ive removed a 40cm that was in a old ladys car,keeped going under the dash,without just ripping it out,i pulled apart some of the dash,slow and steady won the race...

PS. you have to worry about sweatybettys comments!

I don't know if this is too outdated for you young whippersnappers, but anyone else reminded of the little white hen from the Foghorn Leghorn loony toons? "What have you got in your bag?" "A hurrs-band"... creepy!

I don't know if this is too outdated for you young whippersnappers, but anyone else reminded of the little white hen from the Foghorn Leghorn loony toons? "What have you got in your bag?" "A hurrs-band"... creepy!

Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice
[video=youtube;2InSDODy4Bg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2InSDODy4Bg[/video]

has anyone considered that it might be a freakishly large possum.. and the concrete slab is really an underground water tank.... and the python is really a 30 foot..... no wait.. the pebbles and leaves in the back ground give it away.... just a regular python...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back