gilleni Vs storri??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
storrs are great, they can sometimes be aggressive towards each other during feeding, the remainder of the time my pair gets along great.

ps. the pair is up for sale :wink:

Megz

I have kept all of the species mentioned, plus heaps more. There are several species that are well suited for beginners. In my opinion they are Ackies, Gillens, and Tristis. All are easy to keep, normally get along great, and breed easily and all are class 1 in NSW. The perfect monitor pets.

I have never had a problem with Ackies fighting, and I have kept hundreds. The only problem with them is everyone has them and they are hard to sell. Gillens are also getting very common these days just like the Ackies . The only problem I ever encounted with Gillens is that they always crapped on the cage walls. Tristis are no where as common, never appear to fight, but do grow a little larger than the first 2 species.

Storrs on the overhand can be very aggressive species. They are fine if raised together, but add a new member to a colony or add 2 strangers together and let the fighting begin.

All off the above can easily be kept as adult pairs or trios in standard 4ft fish tanks. Tanks are best to keep monitors in due to their speed. Front opening doors are not recommended with these speed demons.

I prefer ackies personally, as I have them as well. You can get them as small as 50cms TL, depending on locality and a 4x2x2 enclosure is ideal. Make sure they have lots of heat and UVB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back