Gillens monitors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephrurus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I thoroughly recommend everyone get some gillens monitors. Mine has decided to become incredibly active of recent, and eats like a pig. He had is first pinkie the other day as well. It's great! I only have one at the moment, but am looking to get her/him a friend in the near future.
Anyone know a fairly reliable way to sex them, short of x-ray and hemipene popping?

Henry

I'll second that. Although I don't keep Varanus gilleni, my favourite reptiles are the goannas...all seem to provide a different reason for being so awesome. I keep 7 species and I love them all.

In fact...everyone go and get yourselves a monitor of some kind. I'll have about 20 hatchling Blackheaded Monitors available around March/April ;-)

Simon Archibald

hey simon i would luv to get a baby black head of u around then cause it will be around the time i will have the room for more herps

and i also second that they are great little things to watch run around and mine seem to handle really well i think the have a few for sale right now on the herp trader

Ohhh, i'd say, without measuring, he'd be about 10-12 cm SVL. He grabbed it, shook the life out of it, the positioned it so he could push against a rock to push it down his throat. The whole process took about a minute and a half.
-H

I am gonna look like a total knob right now but do monitors swallow there food whole or do they chew it? :?

Whole, though they will rip pieces off a large prey item and swallow those pieces whole.

Hey simon, i would also love 2 or ur lil black heads. how much would u want for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back