gippsland water dragon enclosure help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carinacat

Reaction score
hi all..... im setting up an old fish tank for my water dragon hatchies to move into when they are a bit bigger. i was hoping i could get sum ideas from u guys :?
its a 4 ft long x 1 1/2 ft wide. im getting a melamine lid made for it with the appropriate heating and lighting but im wondering how i should set it up? i was going to silicon a piece of glass into the tank to make it a wet section and dry section type of thing but i have changed coz im sure the waters will out grow this enclosure pretty quickly and i would like to use it for sumthing else when that happens.

should i just get a large un used kitty tray and put water n that for them or can i use large river pebbles in the bottom and fill it about with 10cm of water? and use a large branch for them to get up near the basking light?

any ideas or pics would be great help..... :?

ps. it is going to house 2 gippsland water dragons :D

your best option would be to use a large kitty litter tray which is alot easier to clean as you can remove the whole thing.

or silicone a piece of glass up 1/3 of the tank for them to swim in, you can use a blade to cut all of the silicone off when you want to convert the enclosure back.

kitty try, paint roller or a large water bowl/dog bowl is the best option, because ur cleaning thier water every day, and this just akes life easyier..,

ok guys thanks for the help. i was thinking that would be the best way to go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back