Go Back To Where You Came From

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if their asylum seekers why do they throw their passports away? what do they have to hide? flame me, but i say send them back to where they came from. this country cant afford them. we cant even look after the true australians that need homes, medical treatment, decent paying jobs so they can afford to live in this so called lucky country
By true Australians I take it you mean the indigenous population?

Over stayers are a bigger problem that so called assylum seekers.. Most over stayers just want to be here cause the weather in their country or they can't find a stable job in their country (that's an economic problem and not a persecution problem) is crap.

fully agree on the second half on being queue jumpers

what rather shocks me is weather. Really?! I know i have heard some remarks on the weather being nicer (sorta agree myself instead of a constant 35 degree weather + 90% or so humidity), but thats abit extreme to say the least?

I'm more concerned about people who bring and force Islam on Australia. People like Sheikh Hilali.
Looking at much of Europe (riots, terrorism, forced marriages, honour killings, unemployment issues, Halal goods being forced on unsuspecting Westerners in their own country, complete rejection of democracy, the parallel legal system of Sharia, etc) it's clear that multiculturalism in its current form is a failure.

And the uneducated bashing of Muslims begins. I would personally prefer to eat Halal food as it has stringent requirements unlike the garbage marketed to us Westerners. As for Islam being forced upon us, is that like the theory when I was young that all the Chinese were going to breed us out and we were going to be living in a communist dictatorship. Still waiting for that to happen.

fully agree on the second half on being queue jumpers

what rather shocks me is weather. Really?! I know i have heard some remarks on the weather being nicer (sorta agree myself instead of a constant 35 degree weather + 90% or so humidity), but thats abit extreme to say the least?

You get a lot of backpackers overstaying mate... all enjoying the nicer weather, no consideration for the back log of paperwork they are actually creating lol.

And the uneducated bashing of Muslims begins. I would personally prefer to eat Halal food as it has stringent requirements unlike the garbage marketed to us Westerners. As for Islam being forced upon us, is that like the theory when I was young that all the Chinese were going to breed us out and we were going to be living in a communist dictatorship. Still waiting for that to happen.

Uneducated? No. I've studied political science for a few years now (including at university) and am very familiar with immigration issues faced by Western countries.

You have many mosques (Lakemba included!) preaching hate (check out BBC documentary Undercover Mosque - documenting hate speech within some of the largest mosques in Britan), organisations like CAIR in the US with known terrorist links and a tendency to invent hate crimes against Muslims, demonstrations and riots rejecting democratic values, the likes of Theo Van Gough and Pim Fortuyn being murdered for freedom of speech and countless others under 24/7 security for expressing their right to freedom of speech - feminist/author Ayaan Hirsi Ali, author Salman Rushdie, cartoonist Kurt Westergaard, and an exhaustive list of countless others.

Extremist groups like Hizb ut-Tahrir (not even banned in Australia yet, but banned in other countries) going around university campuses posting propaganda with anti-Western sentiments..

Studies and pew polls of British Muslims where crazy numbers either actively support terrorists such as Osama bin Laden, or share his anti-West sentiments.

The list goes on & on..

All I'm saying is, European countries made the mistake of allowing mass immigration (complete with family reunification programs) due to declining fertility rates and Australia would be stupid to make the same mistake. I'm all for refugees entering Australia, provided they respect democracy, freedom, equality of women and so forth.

Last edited:
Prepares flame suit.

This is one of the touchiest subjects on the planet today and as has been mentioned there is no quick answer to all the problems it causes.

I have no problem with true refugees they do deserve our help and assistance. What I do have a problem with is those who are coming here and causing damage ie, burning down detention centers etc. We have little choice but to do our best to weed out those that are not true refugees (And I'd like to no where you got your stats Snakeluvver2) but if they cause damage or attack guards etc it should be an immediate rejection of there application in my eyes. Also after being granted asylem any acts of violence, or serious crimes should also result in a quick trip back to where they came from. I understand that it is a long and drawn out process but it is inappropriate to ask us for help and then cause damage and expect us to allow them in. I also believe that they need to be better educated in our way of life, laws etc. Again they have come here for our help and they need to adjust to us, and our way of life, not us adjust to suit them.

My understanding is they are classified as an illegal refugee until they have formally applied for asylum, they are then classified as a refugee.

The issue of passports hinges on whether or not they make it to the mainland or not. If they make it to the mainland they can then apply for asylum from within the country and I think it is supposed to be easier. However if they are caught offshore then they tend to throw them overboard but I have never understood why. My brother is in the forces and said they were collecting papers when they caught a boat using a fishing net so they do defiantly throw them overboard for some reason.

"I would personally prefer to eat Halal food as it has stringent requirements unlike the garbage marketed to us Westerners" -Kao

Other than they must be facing in a certain direction (east I think), taking first blood, and reciting a prayer. There is no difference in what is halal and non halal that I am aware of, and a long time ago I did work in an abattoir where we produced halal meat.

And finally, just because someones opinion differs from your does not make them uneducated. Failing to understand someone else point of view however could be called ignorant.

Last edited:
And finally, just because someones opinion differs from your does not make them uneducated. Failing to understand someone else point of view however could be called ignorant.
This is generally an opinion that is formed due to lack of knowledge or education so in this case I think it's right to say they are uneducated. I'm not talking about a high school drop-out. I am talking about being uneducated in this particular topic. You're right ignorant is probably a better word but you say tomato, I say tomato :p.

Anyway, this show is really interesting and it's great to see individuals telling their story. It stops people just seeing them as a faceless rabble

A very good friend of mine is one of the people on the show, he told me the experience was very scary but incredibly awesome and humbling. Be thankful that we live in such a great country, as impefect as the running of it can be....
I don't know enough of the facts to comment but something is obviously not working.

You can re-watch it via the SBS website a little while after airing, similar to ABC iview.

I think so, although i'm not sure when it will be available online to watch. The bogan lass certainly is a bit of a pain to watch, so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back