Goanna Thing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
My friend showed me this baby goanna thingy. Apparently they grow pretty big.

Somegoannasortofthing.jpg

Here's a picture of me patting it, my hand gives a size comparison.

Sdajipettingsomegoannasortofthing.jpg

I'd guess komodo :)
komodo-big.jpg

Picture is from national geographic

which of the cryptic species complex indicus is it?

None of them.

waruikazi: I'm sure they said it was a monitor and not a dragon. Well, actually, they didn't tell me anything, I just walked around to the back of the cage and opened it up so I could play with the little thing :p

I thought komodo dragons ARE monitors, regardless of their name I saw on a documentary that they are monitors.

Oh! I see! Thanks! After all these years of working with reptiles and intense study I was still too stupid to realise that! Thanks for teaching me. Maybe one day I'll return the favour by teaching you to recognise jokes.

(I'm supposed to put emoticons in now so that people will realise I'm laughing and not serious, right? *sigh* It makes things so much less fun...)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :) :p :p :p :p

Just taking a shot in the dark here, but I think people who are lucky enough to play with baby Komodo Monitors have heard the term 'Komodo Dragon' before.

And it's Monitors, not moniters. If you're going to try to correct someone, at least put a little effort into your spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back